Amy Zhou, M.D., Ph.D.
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Amy Zhou, M.D., Ph.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Pediatrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She specializes in pediatric emergency medicine and practices at Children’s Medical Center Dallas. Certified by the American Board of Pediatrics, she joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2021.
Dr. Zhou earned her medical degree and doctoral degree in molecular biophysics at UT Southwestern Medical School. She completed a residency in pediatrics at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai and received advanced training in pediatric emergency medicine through a fellowship at the Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago.
Dr. Zhou is a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and the AAP’s Section on Emergency Medicine and Section on Early Career Physicians. She has delivered numerous lectures and presentations and published multiple academic articles.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2015)
- Other Post Graduate Training
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (2015)
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (2018), Pediatrics
- Northwestern University/McGaw Medical Center (2021), Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Diagnostic accuracy and reliability
- Point-of-care ultrasound
- Emergency department diagnosis and management of constipation in the United States, 2006-2017.
- Zhou AZ, Lorenz D, Simon NJ, Florin TA, Am J Emerg Med 2022 Feb 54 91-96
- Serious diagnoses at revisits in children discharged from the emergency department with back pain.
- Zhou AZ, Marin JR, Hickey RW, Lam SK, Ramgopal S, Acad Emerg Med 2021 Jul
- Rates of Presentation, Treatments and Serious Neurologic Disorders Among Children and Young Adults Presenting to US Emergency Departments With Headache.
- Ramgopal S, Zhou AZ, Hickey RW, Marin JR, J Child Neurol 2021 05 36 6 475-481
- Serious Diagnoses for Headaches After ED Discharge.
- Zhou AZ, Marin JR, Hickey RW, Ramgopal S, Pediatrics 2020 11 146 5
- Interobserver Agreement of Inferior Vena Cava Ultrasound Collapse Duration and Correlated Outcomes in Children With Dehydration.
- Zhou AZ, Green RS, Haines EJ, Vazquez MN, Tay ET, Tsung JW, Pediatr Emerg Care 2020 Jun
- Sonographic Evaluation and Monitoring of Pneumoperitoneum After Air Enema Reduction for Intussusception.
- Zhou AZ, Toporowski A, Tsung JW, Pediatr Emerg Care 2019 Jul 35 7 e133-e134
- Dynamic binding mode of a Synaptotagmin-1-SNARE complex in solution.
- Brewer KD, Bacaj T, Cavalli A, Camilloni C, Swarbrick JD, Liu J, Zhou A, Zhou P, Barlow N, Xu J, Seven AB, Prinslow EA, Voleti R, Häussinger D, Bonvin AM, Tomchick DR, Vendruscolo M, Graham B, Südhof TC, Rizo J Nat. Struct. Mol. Biol. 2015 Jun
- Structure and ca(2+)-binding properties of the tandem c2 domains of e-syt2.
- Xu J, Bacaj T, Zhou A, Tomchick DR, Südhof TC, Rizo J Structure 2014 Feb 22 2 269-80
- Analysis of SNARE complex/synaptotagmin-1 interactions by one-dimensional NMR spectroscopy.
- Zhou A, Brewer KD, Rizo J, Biochemistry 2013 May 52 20 3446-56
- Simulation and implementation of magnetic bandages for drug targeting: button magnets versus Halbach arrays
- Häfeli UO, Gilmour K, Zhou A, Lee S, Hayden ME Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials. 2007 311 1 323?329
Honors & Awards
- Best Poster in Clinical Research
Child Health Research Day, Mount Sinai Hospital (2018)
- International Conference on Magnetic Resonance in Biological Systems
Sigma-Aldrich Student Travel Award (2012)
- Medical Scientist Training Program fellowship
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (2007-2015)
- Hugh M. Brock National Entrance Scholarship
University of British Columbia (2002-2007)
- American Academy of Pediatrics - Section on Early Career Physicians (2018)
- American Academy of Pediatrics - Section on Emergency Medicine (2018)