Dr. Shamin Masrour is an assistant professor in the Department of Neurology at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She is the Clinical Leader of the Facial Pain Program and Associate Program Director of UT Southwestern's Headache and Facial Pain Program.
She is American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology certified in neurology, with subspecialty certification in headache medicine by the United Council for Neurologic Subspecialties.
Dr. Masrour is a member of various national and international organizations related to her subspecialty.
Her research interests include trigeminal neuralgia and other cranial neuralgis, headaches in women, and migraine therapy.
Aside form her interest in medical student and neurology resident education, she also has a special interest in patient education and advocacy.
- Medical School
- UNT Health Science Center College of Osteopathic Medicine (2012)
- University of Texas at Austin Dell Medical School (2013), Internal Medicine
- University of Texas at Austin Dell Medical School (2016), Neurology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2017), Headache Medicine
- Trigeminal neuralgia, other cranial neuralgias, and migraine therapy
- Commentary on: Cost-Utility Analysis of Surgical Decompression Relative to Injection Therapy for Chronic Migraine Headaches.
- Amirlak B, Chung MH, Masrour S, Aesthet Surg J 2019 Aug
- The Spectrum of Vestibular Migraine: Clinical Features, Triggers, and Examination Findings.
- Beh SC, Masrour S, Smith SV, Friedman DI Headache 2019 Feb
- Clinical characteristics of Alice in Wonderland syndrome in a cohort with vestibular migraine.
- Beh SC, Masrour S, Smith SV, Friedman DI Neurol Clin Pract 2018 Oct 8 5 389-396
- Palmoplantar psoriasis: a phenotypical and clinical review with introduction of a new quality-of-life assessment tool.
- Farley E, Masrour S, McKey J, Menter A J. Am. Acad. Dermatol. 2009 Jun 60 6 1024-31
Headache: Migraine, pseudotumor cerebri syndrome and postnatal. In Neurological Diseases and Pregnancy: A Coordinated Care Model for Best Management.?
Friedman DI, Masrour S, Hutchinson S. (2018). Oxford University Press
Migraine. In Pain Management for Clinicians-A Guide to Assessment and Treatment.
Friedman DI, Masrour S (2020). Springer
Honors & Awards
- International Headache Academy
- Dallas County Medical Society (2020)
- American Headache Society (2016)
- International Headache Society (2016)
- Texas Neurological Society (2015)
- American Academy of Neurology (2013)