Dr. McClung holds a bachelor's degree from the University of Texas at Austin. He earned his medical degree at the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston. He completed internal medicine residency training at the former St. Paul Hospital in Dallas, where he was Chief Resident.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, Dr. McClung joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 1981.
Dr. McClung is a member of several professional societies, including the Dallas County Medical Society, the Texas Medical Association, and the American Medical Association, and is a Fellow of the American College of Physicians.
Dr. McClung was voted 'Hall of Fame Best Doctors' by D Magazine in 2022. He was also voted part of the 'Texas Super Doctors' by Texas Monthly for several years.
- Medical School
- UT Medical Branch at Galveston (1978)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1979), Internal Medicine
- St Paul Medical Center (1981), Internal Medicine
Honors & Awards
- Leaders In Clinical Excellence Award 2019, Patient and Family Recognition Award
Recognition for clinical excellence in patient care (2019)
- American Medical Association
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association