Dr. Didehbani received her undergraduate degree in Biology from Baylor University and continued to The University of North Texas where she obtained her Master’s in Clinical Psychology and Doctorate in Clinical Health Psychology. She completed an internship at Wayne State University with rotations in health psychology, adult neuropsychology, and pediatric neuropsychology. Following internship she completed a postdoctoral fellowship at the University of Texas at Dallas under the supervision of Dr. Munro Cullum. She joined UT Southwestern Faculty in 2015 with a joint adjunct appointment at the University of Texas at Dallas. Her departmental activities include TBI research and neuropsychological evaluation of person’s with known or suspected neurological disorders inclduing dementia and epilepsy.
Dr. Didehbani’ s current research focuses on longitudinal effects of head impact in youth athletes and aging effects of traumatic brain injury. Her clinical expertise is in neuropsychological assessment, with primary interest in examining individuals with sports related concussion and neurocognitive disorders.
Dr. Didehbani is a member of American Psychological Association, National Academy of Neuropsychology, International Neuropsychological Society, and serves as the Education Chair of the Sports Neuropsychology Society.
- Wayne State University (2008), Clinical Psychology
- Graduate School
- University of North Texas (2009), Psychology
- Neurodegenerative Dementias After Traumatic Brain Injury.
- LoBue C, Cullum CM, Didehbani N, Yeatman K, Jones B, Kraut MA, Hart J J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 2017 Oct appineuropsych17070145
- Reliability of self-reported concussion history in retired NFL players
- Nyaz Didehbani*, Kristin Wilmoth, Lindy Fields, Christian LoBue, Jeremy Strain, Jeffrey Spence, Marisara Dieppa, Munro Cullum and John Hart Annals of Sports Medicine and Research 2017 5
- White Matter Changes and Confrontation Naming in Retired Aging NFL Athletes.
- Strain JF, Didehbani N, Spence J, Conover H, Bartz E, Mansinghani S, Jeroudi MK, Rao NK, Fields LM, Kraut MA, Cullum CM, Hart J, Womack KB J. Neurotrauma 2016 Jun
- Depressive symptoms and concussions in aging retired NFL players.
- Didehbani N, Munro Cullum C, Mansinghani S, Conover H, Hart J Arch Clin Neuropsychol 2013 Aug 28 5 418-24
- Traumatic Brain Injury History Is Associated With an Earlier Age of Dementia Onset in Autopsy-Confirmed Alzheimer's Disease.
- Schaffert J, LoBue C, White CL, Chiang HS, Didehbani N, Lacritz L, Rossetti H, Dieppa M, Hart J, Cullum CM Neuropsychology 2018 Feb
- Repetitive TMS to augment cognitive processing therapy in combat veterans of recent conflicts with PTSD: A randomized clinical trial.
- Kozel FA, Motes MA, Didehbani N, DeLaRosa B, Bass C, Schraufnagel CD, Jones P, Morgan CR, Spence JS, Kraut MA, Hart J J Affect Disord 2017 Dec 229 506-514
- Consistency of traumatic brain injury reporting in older adults with and without cognitive impairment.
- Wilmoth K, LoBue C, Clem MA, Reddy R, Hynan LS, Didehbani N, Bell K, Womack KB, Hart J, Batjer H, Cullum CM Clin Neuropsychol 2017 Oct 1-6
- Traumatic brain injury history is associated with earlier age of onset of Alzheimer disease.
- LoBue C, Wadsworth H, Wilmoth K, Clem M, Hart J, Womack KB, Didehbani N, Lacritz LH, Rossetti HC, Cullum CM Clin Neuropsychol 2016 Nov 1-14
- Electrophysiological Correlates of Word Retrieval in Traumatic Brain Injury.
- Fratantoni JM, DeLaRosa BL, Didehbani N, Hart J, Kraut MA J. Neurotrauma 2016 Sep
- Distinct Brain and Behavioral Benefits from Cognitive vs. Physical Training: A Randomized Trial in Aging Adults.
- Chapman SB, Aslan S, Spence JS, Keebler MW, DeFina LF, Didehbani N, Perez AM, Lu H, D'Esposito M Front Hum Neurosci 2016 10 338
Assessment and Management of Sports Concussion. In Rehabilitation After Traumatic Brain Injury
Bell, K., Rinaldi, R., & Didehbani, N (2018). Elsevier