- Medical School
- UT Health Science Center at San Antonio (1998)
- University of Texas Medical Branch Hospital (1999), Pediatrics
- University of Texas Medical Branch Hospital (2001), Pediatrics
- Emory University School of Medicine (2008), Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Images in emergency medicine. 10-year-old female with a subglottic mass. Ranula.
- Thimann D, Huang C, Patel K Ann Emerg Med 2012 Nov 60 5 668, 677
- Can novice sonographers accurately locate an endotracheal tube with a saline-filled cuff in a cadaver model? A pilot study.
- Uya A, Spear D, Patel K, Okada P, Sheeran P, McCreight A Acad Emerg Med 2012 Mar 19 3 361-4
- Acute vision loss
- Patel KN Clinical Pediatric Emergency Medicine 2010 Jun 11 2 137-142
- Pediatric procedural sedation by a dedicated nonanesthesiology pediatric sedation service using propofol.
- Patel KN, Simon HK, Stockwell CA, Stockwell JA, DeGuzman MA, Roerig PL, Rigby MR Pediatr Emerg Care 2009 Mar 25 3 133-8
Appendicitis. In The Inpatient Pediatrics Work-Up (Patient Encounters), S. Shah, G. Frank, eds.
Khan NK, Patel KN (2010). Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Honors & Awards
- UT Medical Branch at Galveston
Resident Research Award (2001)
- American College of Emergency Physicians (2008)
- Dallas County Medical Society (2004)
- Travis County Medical Society (2003-2004)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (1998)
- Phi Beta Kappa (1994)
- Texas Medical Association (1994)