Kin Man Au, Ph.D., received his Ph.D. in chemistry from the University of Sheffield in 2013. Afterward, he completed a postdoctoral fellowship at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and subsequently accepted a faculty position at UT Southwestern Medical Center. His research interests include cancer, drug delivery, polymer chemistry, biomedical imaging, photothermal therapy, radiotherapy & nuclear medicine, and cancer immunotherapy.
- Autoimmune diseases
- Biomedical imaging
- Cancer immunotherapy
- Chemoradiotherapy adoptive cell therapy
- Drug delivery
- In vivo animal model
- Low-cost point-of-care diagnostic test
- Photothermal therapy
- Polymer chemistry
- Radiotherapy and nuclear medicine
- In Vivo Bioengineering of Beta Cells with Immune Checkpoint Ligand as a Treatment for Early-Onset Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Au KM, Tisch R, Wang AZ, ACS Nano 2021 Nov
- Immune Checkpoint Ligand-Bioengineered Schwann Cells as Antigen-Specific Therapy for Experimental Autoimmune Encephalomyelitis.
- Au KM, Tisch R, Wang AZ, Adv Mater 2021 Nov e2107392
- Immune Checkpoint-Bioengineered Beta Cell Vaccine Reverses Early-Onset Type 1 Diabetes.
- Au KM, Medik Y, Ke Q, Tisch R, Wang AZ, Adv Mater 2021 Jun 33 25 e2101253
- Co-delivery of etoposide and cisplatin in dual-drug loaded nanoparticles synergistically improves chemoradiotherapy in non-small cell lung cancer models.
- Zhang M, Hagan CT, Foley H, Tian X, Yang F, Au KM, Mi Y, Medik Y, Roche K, Wagner K, Rodgers Z, Min Y, Wang AZ, Acta Biomater 2021 04 124 327-335
- Trispecific natural killer cell nanoengagers for targeted chemoimmunotherapy.
- Au KM, Park SI, Wang AZ, Sci Adv 2020 Jul 6 27 eaba8564
- Pretargeted delivery of PI3K/mTOR small-molecule inhibitor-loaded nanoparticles for treatment of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
- Au KM, Wang AZ, Park SI, Sci Adv 2020 04 6 14 eaaz9798
- High-Performance Concurrent Chemo-Immuno-Radiotherapy for the Treatment of Hematologic Cancer through Selective High-Affinity Ligand Antibody Mimic-Functionalized Doxorubicin-Encapsulated Nanoparticles.
- Au KM, Balhorn R, Balhorn MC, Park SI, Wang AZ, ACS Cent Sci 2019 Jan 5 1 122-144
- Nanoparticle co-delivery of wortmannin and cisplatin synergistically enhances chemoradiotherapy and reverses platinum resistance in ovarian cancer models.
- Zhang M, Hagan CT, Min Y, Foley H, Tian X, Yang F, Mi Y, Au KM, Medik Y, Roche K, Wagner K, Rodgers Z, Wang AZ, Biomaterials 2018 07 169 1-10
- Bespoke Pretargeted Nanoradioimmunotherapy for the Treatment of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma.
- Au KM, Tripathy A, Lin CP, Wagner K, Hong S, Wang AZ, Park SI, ACS Nano 2018 02 12 2 1544-1563
- Co-delivery of paclitaxel and cisplatin with biocompatible PLGA-PEG nanoparticles enhances chemoradiotherapy in non-small cell lung cancer models.
- Tian J, Min Y, Rodgers Z, Au KM, Hagan CT, Zhang M, Roche K, Yang F, Wagner K, Wang AZ, J Mater Chem B 2017 Aug 5 30 6049-6057
Honors & Awards
- Raleigh Award for Excellence in Biology Research, Department of Radiation Oncology, University of North Carolina (UNC)-Chapel Hill, NC
- Best Poster Award, UK Macro Group 3rd International Polymer Chemistry Conference
- The Wharton Prize, University of Sheffield (UK)
- American Chemical Society, Member (2007)