Robert Turer, MD, MSE, MSACI is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Emergency Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
After completing his undergraduate degree in computer engineering and a Masters degree in biomedical engineering at the University of Michigan, Dr. Turer attended Vanderbilt University School of Medicine. He completed residency in emergency medicine at the University of Michigan, where he served as a chief resident. He pursued fellowship training in clinical informatics at Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
Dr. Turer is a member of the UT Southwestern Clinical Informatics Center and focuses on the integration of user-centered design and risk-communication principles into clinical decision support and real-time predictive modeling.
- Medical School
- Vanderbilt University School of Medicine (2015)
- University of Michigan Medical Center (2019), Emergency Medicine
- Chief Resident
- University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers (2019), Emergency Medicine
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center (2021), Clinical Informatics
- Clinical Informatics
- Risk Communication
- User-Centered Design
- Patient Perceptions of Receiving COVID-19 Test Results via an Online Patient Portal: An Open Results Survey.
- Turer RW, DesRoches CM, Salmi L, Helmer T, Rosenbloom ST, Appl Clin Inform 2021 08 12 4 954-959
- Clinical Informatics Training During Emergency Medicine Residency: The University of Michigan Experience.
- Turer RW, Arribas M, Balgord SM, Brooks S, Hopson LR, Bassin BS, Medlin R, AEM Educ Train 2021 Jul 5 3 e10518
- Electronic personal protective equipment: A strategy to protect emergency department providers in the age of COVID-19.
- Turer RW, Jones I, Rosenbloom ST, Slovis C, Ward MJ, J Am Med Inform Assoc 2020 06 27 6 967-971
- ICD-10-CM Crosswalks in the primary care setting: assessing reliability of the GEMs and reimbursement mappings.
- Turer RW, Zuckowsky TD, Causey HJ, Rosenbloom ST, J Am Med Inform Assoc 2015 Mar 22 2 417-25
- Improved Testing and Design of Intubation Boxes During the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Turer DM, Good CH, Schilling BK, Turer RW, Karlowsky NR, Dvoracek LA, Ban H, Chang JS, Rubin JP, Ann Emerg Med 2021 01 77 1 1-10
- Tracking the Volume of Neurosurgical Care During the Coronavirus Disease 2019 Pandemic.
- Patel PD, Kelly KA, Reynolds RA, Turer RW, Salwi S, Rosenbloom ST, Bonfield CM, Naftel RP, World Neurosurg 2020 10 142 e183-e194
- Rapid development of telehealth capabilities within pediatric patient portal infrastructure for COVID-19 care: barriers, solutions, results.
- Patel PD, Cobb J, Wright D, Turer RW, Jordan T, Humphrey A, Kepner AL, Smith G, Rosenbloom ST, J Am Med Inform Assoc 2020 07 27 7 1116-1120
Honors & Awards
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center - Student Citizenship and Service Award
- Council of Emergency Medicine Residency Directors - Scholarship and Mini-Fellowship in Wellness Leadership