Gurbakhash Kaur, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center, and a member of its Hematology and Oncology Division. She specializes in stem cell transplantation, immunotherapy, CAR T-cell therapy, and treating patients with multiple myeloma and other plasma cell disorders, including amyloidosis and Waldenström macroglobulinemia. She is also involved in clinical trials to develop novel therapeutics for multiple myeloma.
Originally from India, Dr. Kaur earned her bachelor's degree in chemistry and chemical biology from the Stevens Institute of Technology in Hoboken, New Jersey. She then earned a master's degree in medical sciences from Boston Univerrsity School of Medicine in Boston, Massachusetts. She received her medical degree from Drexel University College of Medicine in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and completed internal medicine residency training at Tufts Medical Center in Boston. She then obtained advanced training in hematology and oncology through a fellowship at Montefiore Medical Center in the Bronx, New York.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in medical oncology and in hematology, she joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2020.
Dr. Kaur’s clinical and research interests include improving outcomes for patients with hematologic malignancies, particularly multiple myeloma, by developing newer cellular and immunotherapy therapies, and she publishes and delivers presentations on her work regularly.
She is a member of the American Society of Hematology, the American Society of Clinical Oncology, and the International Myeloma Society, among other professional organizations.
- Graduate School
- Boston University School of Medicine (2009)
- Medical School
- Drexel University College of Medicine (2013)
- Tufts Medical Center (2016), Internal Medicine
- Montefiore Medical Center (2019), Hematology Oncology
- Treatment of Smoldering Myeloma: Problems With Study Design as well as Biological and Clinical Implications.
- Biran N, Vesole DH, Donato ML, Ip A, Kaur G, Goldberg S, Siegel DS, J Clin Oncol 2020 Apr 38 12 1367-1368
- Multiple myeloma in Hispanics- incidence, characteristics and survival, results of a discovery & validation cohort using real world and CONNECT data
- Kaur et al Clinical Lymphoma, Myeloma and Leukemia 2020
- Immune checkpoint blockade and CAR-T cell therapy in hematologic malignancies.
- Wang H, Kaur G, Sankin AI, Chen F, Guan F, Zang X, J Hematol Oncol 2019 06 12 1 59
- B7x- From Bench to Bedside
- Kaur G, Janakiram M ESMO Open 2019
- Outcomes of CLL patients treated with sequential kinase inhibitor therapy: a real world experience.
- Mato AR, Nabhan C, Barr PM, Ujjani CS, Hill BT, Lamanna N, Skarbnik AP, Howlett C, Pu JJ, Sehgal AR, Strelec LE, Vandegrift A, Fitzpatrick DM, Zent CS, Feldman T, Goy A, Claxton DF, Bachow SH, Kaur G, Svoboda J, Nasta SD, Porter D, Landsburg DJ, Schuster SJ, Cheson BD, Kiselev P, Evens AM, Blood 2016 11 128 18 2199-2205
- Translational research in pancreatic adenocarcinoma.
- Kaur G, Saif MW, JOP 2014 Mar 15 2 121-3
- American Society for Transplantation and Cellular Therapy
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Society of Hematology
- European Hematology Association
- International Myeloma Society