Dr. Betts is a board certified clinical specialist in cardiovascular and pulmonary physical therapy with clinical, teaching, supervisory, and administrative duties in the Department of Physical Therapy. Clinical responsibilities include physical therapy practice in Clements University Hospital with persons who suffer from cardiovascular and/or pulmonary dysfunction, musculoskeletal dysfunction, and general debility. Teaching and supervisory roles include didactic instruction focusing on cardiopulmonary patient management, acute care physical therapy, and pharmacology, as well as student advising, student mentoring, and physical therapy resident mentoring. Dr. Betts also serves as the program director for the UT Southwestern Cardiovascular & Pulmonary Physical Therapy Residency Program which is accredited by the APTA.
- Graduate School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2010), Physical Therapy
- Early Mobility in the ICU Setting
- Physical Therapy in Critical Illness
- APTA Cardiovascular & Pulmonary Section (2011)
- American Physical Therapy Association (2008)