Andrew is from the western part of New York State, where he earned his undergraduate and medical degrees. He trained in anatomic and clinical pathology at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts, where he also completed fellowships in pathology informatics and cytopathology. Andrew joined the faculty in August of 2015. He is the Medical Director of Pathology Informatics at Parkland Hospital and UT Southwestern Medical Center. His clinical and investigational interests include advanced imaging modalities, information systems optimization and data-driven approaches to quality assurance and improvement.
Andrew enjoys participating in all levels of medical education, which he has done since medical school. He first realized his love for pathology as a research assistant at the University of Rochester Medical Center in Rochester, New York, where he constructed databases for the faculty and implemented a tissue microarray program.
Andrew is board certified in anatomic and clinical pathology with subspecialty certification in clinical informatics and cytopathology.
5200 Harry Hines Boulevard
mail code 9073
Dallas, TX 75235
- Medical School
- SUNY Upstate Medical University (2009)
- Harvard Medical School/Brigham & Women's Hospital (2013), Anatomic & Clinical Pathology
- Partners HealthCare (2014), Pathology Informatics
- Harvard Medical School/Brigham & Women's Hospital (2015), Cytopathology
- Palatine Tonsilloliths and Actinomyces: A Multi-institutional Study of Adult Patients Undergoing Tonsillectomy.
- Arvisais-Anhalt S, Quinn A, Bishop JA, Wang CS, Mitchell RB, Johnson RF, Schultz B, Day AT, Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2020 10 163 4 743-749
- A Survey of LOINC Code Selection Practices Among Participants of the College of American Pathologists' Coagulation (CGL) and Cardiac Markers (CRT) Proficiency Testing Programs.
- Stram M, Seheult J, Sinard JH, Campbell WS, Carter AB, de Baca ME, Quinn AM, Luu HS, Arch. Pathol. Lab. Med. 2019 Oct
- Impact of Hormone Therapy on Laboratory Values in Transgender Patients.
- SoRelle JA, Jiao R, Gao E, Veazey J, Frame I, Quinn AM, Day P, Pagels P, Gimpel N, Patel K Clin. Chem. 2018 Dec
- Career Paths of Pathology Informatics Fellowship Alumni.
- Rudolf JW, Garcia CA, Hanna MG, Williams CL, Balis UG, Pantanowitz L, Tuthill JM, Gilbertson JR J Pathol Inform 2018 9 14
- Should anti-LKM1 be routine for work-up of elevated liver enzymes?
- Agrawal D, Davis B, Quinn A, Thiele D J. Hepatol. 2017 Apr
- Agreement between cytotechnologists and cytopathologists as a new measure of cytopathologist performance in gynecologic cytology.
- Quinn AM, Minhajuddin AT, Hynan LS, Reisch JS, Cibas ES Cancer 2017 Mar
- Metastatic Melanoma to the Bladder: Case Report and Review of the Literature
- Patil R, Woldu S, Lucas E, Quinn A, Francis F, Margulis V. Urol Case Rep 2016 11 February 2017 33?36
- Environmental components and methods for engaging pathology residents in informatics training.
- Garcia CA, Baron JM, Beckwith BA, Brodsky V, Dighe AS, Gudewicz TM, Kim JY, Klepeis VE, Lane WJ, Lee RE, Levy BP, Mahowald MA, Mandelker D, McClintock DS, Quinn AM, Rao LK, Riedlinger GM, Rudolf J, Gilbertson JR J Pathol Inform 2015 6 42
- The ongoing evolution of the core curriculum of a clinical fellowship in pathology informatics.
- Quinn AM, Klepeis VE, Mandelker DL, Platt MY, Rao LK, Riedlinger G, Baron JM, Brodsky V, Kim JY, Lane W, Lee RE, Levy BP, McClintock DS, Beckwith BA, Kuo FC, Gilbertson JR J Pathol Inform 2014 5 22
- Pathology informatics fellowship training: Focus on molecular pathology.
- Mandelker D, Lee RE, Platt MY, Riedlinger G, Quinn A, Rao LK, Klepeis VE, Mahowald M, Lane WJ, Beckwith BA, Baron JM, McClintock DS, Kuo FC, Lebo MS, Gilbertson JR J Pathol Inform 2014 5 11
Chapter 10: In Vivo Microscopy. In Digital Pathology: Historical Perspectives, Current Concepts & Future Applications. 1st ed.
Amacher A, Garcia C, Quinn A. (2016). Switzerland, Springer International Publishing
Honors & Awards
- See, Test and Treat Program
Awarded by College of American Pathologists Foundation (2020)
- Partners in Excellence Team Award
Awarded by Partners HealthCare, Boston, MA (2014)
- Travel Award
Awarded by Association for Pathology Informatics (2012)
- UTSW Master of Health Informatics Graduate Program (2021)
- Pathology Informatics Essentials for Residents Leadership Committee (2018)
- American Society of Cytopathology (2014)
- College of American Pathologists (2013)
- Association for Pathology Informatics (2012)