Born in Baroda, India, Dr. Syed holds a bachelor's degree in psychology and earned her medical degree at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio. She completed internal medicine residency training at Brown University, followed by advanced training through a fellowship in rheumatic and immunologic diseases at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in rheumatology, Dr. Syed joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2014. She is currently the Director of Parkland Rheumatology E-Consults.
At UT Southwestern, Dr. Syed is a member of the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee, as well as the MSK Ultrasound Fellowship Training Committee.
Dr. Syed is a Fellow of the American College of Rheumatology. She is also a member of the American College of Physicians, the Dallas County Medical Society, and the Texas Medical Association.
- Medical School
- Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine (2007)
- Brown University-Internal Medicine (2008), Internal Medicine
- Brown University-Internal Medicine (2010), Internal Medicine
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation (2013), Rheumatology
- Autoimmune diseases
- Crystalline arthropathies
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Systemic sclerosis
- American College of Rheumatology (2011)