Originally from India, Dr. Mohanka completed his medical education at the Government Medical College in Nagpur, India. He then earned a master's degree in public health at the University of Washington in Seattle. He completed internal medicine residency training at Drexel University College of Medicine in Philadelphia. He completed advanced training through a fellowship in pulmonary and critical care medicine at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation in Cleveland, Ohio.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in pulmonary and critical care medicine, Dr. Mohanka joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2012 as an Assistant Professor. He was promoted to Associate Professor in 2021.
Dr. Mohanka's research interests focus on pulmonary function testing, bronchoscopy, and lung transplantation.
- Medical School
- Government Medical College (2001)
- Medical School
- University of Washington (2005)
- Hahnemann University Hospital (2008), Internal Medicine
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation (2012), Pulmonary Diseases & Critical Care Medicine
- Bronchoscopy among lung transplant recipients
- Critically ill lung transplant recipients
- Interstitial lung disease
- Lung transplantation
- Incidence and variables associated with 30-day mortality after lung transplantation.
- Banga A, Mohanka M, Mullins J, Bollineni S, Kaza V, Huffman L, Peltz M, Bajona P, Wait M, Torres F Clin Transplant 2019 Feb 33 2 e13468
- A review of augmentation therapy for alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency.
- Mohanka M, Khemasuwan D, Stoller JK Expert Opin Biol Ther 2012 Jun 12 6 685-700
- A survey of practices of pulmonary function interpretation in laboratories in Northeast Ohio.
- Mohanka MR, McCarthy K, Xu M, Stoller JK Chest 2012 Apr 141 4 1040-6
- Serum lipoproteins in overweight/obese postmenopausal women: a one-year exercise trial.
- Mohanka M, Irwin M, Heckbert SR, Yasui Y, Sorensen B, Chubak J, Tworoger SS, Ulrich CM, McTiernan A Med Sci Sports Exerc 2006 Feb 38 2 231-9
- American College of Chest Physicians (2009)
- American Thoracic Society (2011)