Dr. Mohanka is originally from India and received his medical school training at the Government Medical College and Hospital, Nagpur, India. Piqued by interest in medical research, he completed a Masters degree in Public Health with Epidemiology focus at the University of Washington in Seattle under the guidance of Anne McTiernan, M.D., Ph.D., BA. He also worked with Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center’s landmark clinical trial Women’s Health Initiative, as a Research Associate, working with mortality, cardiovascular and cancer end-points.
His further clinical training included Internship and Residency at the Hahnemann University Hospital in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. His passion for pulmonary and critical care medicine prompted him to complete his fellowship at Cleveland Clinic Foundation in Cleveland, Ohio. Dr. Mohanka’s interest and experience in lung transplants lead him to join UTSW’s lung transplant team.
His research interests focus on pulmonary function testing, bronchoscopy and lung transplantation.
- Medical School
- Government Medical College (2001)
- Medical School
- University of Washington (2005)
- Hahnemann University Hospital (2008), Internal Medicine
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation (2012), Pulmonary Diseases & Critical Care Medicine
- Bronchoscopy among lung transplant recipients
- Critically ill lung transplant recipients
- Interstitial lung disease
- Lung transplantation
- A review of augmentation therapy for alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency.
- Mohanka M, Khemasuwan D, Stoller JK Expert Opin Biol Ther 2012 Jun 12 6 685-700
- A survey of practices of pulmonary function interpretation in laboratories in Northeast Ohio.
- Mohanka MR, McCarthy K, Xu M, Stoller JK Chest 2012 Apr 141 4 1040-6
- Serum lipoproteins in overweight/obese postmenopausal women: a one-year exercise trial.
- Mohanka M, Irwin M, Heckbert SR, Yasui Y, Sorensen B, Chubak J, Tworoger SS, Ulrich CM, McTiernan A Med Sci Sports Exerc 2006 Feb 38 2 231-9
- American Thoracic Society (2011)
- American College of Chest Physicians (2009)