Kim Styrvoky, M.D.
Department Internal Medicine
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Kim Styrvoky, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center, and member of its Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine. She specializes in diagnostic and therapeutic bronchoscopy including robotic assisted bronchoscopy, lung nodules, pleural diseases, and pulmonary complications of cancer.
Dr. Styrvoky holds a bachelor's degree in biochemistry and history from Texas Tech University in Lubbock, where she graduated summa cum laude. She earned her medical degree at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, and completed residency training in internal medicine at UT Southwestern, where she also received advanced training through a fellowship program in pulmonary and critical care medicine.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in pulmonary medicine and critical care medicine, she joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2016.
Dr. Styrvoky serves as the Medical Director of the Bronchoscopy Lab at Parkland Memorial Hospital. She is involved in numerous clinical trials, has published several academic articles, and lectured on topics in her areas of expertise.
She is a member of the American College of Chest Physicians, American Thoracic Society, American Association of Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology, Women in Interventional Pulmonology, Texas Medical Association, and Dallas County Medical Society.
- Medical School
- Texas Tech Health Sciences Center School of Medicine (2010)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2013), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2016), Pulmonary Diseases & Critical Care Medicine
- Shape-Sensing Robotic-Assisted Bronchoscopy with Concurrent use of Radial Endobronchial Ultrasound and Cone Beam Computed Tomography in the Evaluation of Pulmonary Lesions.
- Styrvoky K, Schwalk A, Pham D, Chiu HT, Rudkovskaia A, Madsen K, Carrio S, Kurian EM, De Las Casas L, Abu-Hijleh M, Lung 2022 Dec 200 6 755-761
- Intrabronchial Valves for Air Leaks After Lobectomy, Segmentectomy, and Lung Volume Reduction Surgery.
- Abu-Hijleh M, Styrvoky K, Anand V, Woll F, Yarmus L, Machuzak MS, Nader DA, Mullett TW, Hogarth DK, Toth JW, Acash G, Casal RF, Hazelrigg S, Wood DE, Lung 2019 Oct 197 5 627-633
- Successful Removal of a Fractured Self-expanding Metallic Airway Stent Via Flexible Bronchoscopy: A Case Report.
- Williams S, Halverson QM, Patterson DT, Styrvoky K, Ochoa CD, J Bronchology Interv Pulmonol 2022 07 29 3 e43-e46
- Tension Pneumothorax With Persistent Air Leak in Critical COVID-19 Pneumonia With Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome Treated With Intrabronchial Valves.
- Styrvoky K, Jakubowski B, Schwalk A, Adams TN, Abu-Hijleh M, J Bronchology Interv Pulmonol 2022 04 29 2 e20-e23
- Flexible Bedside Bronchoscopy Using Closed Sheath System Devised From Ultrasound Probe Cover for Use in SARS-CoV-2 Patients.
- Styrvoky K, Dave S, Abu-Hijleh M, J Bronchology Interv Pulmonol 2021 Jan 28 1 e10-e11
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation in Intensive Care Unit Patients With Coronavirus Disease 2019.
- Cheruku S, Dave S, Goff K, Park C, Ebeling C, Cohen L, Styrvoky K, Choi C, Anand V, Kershaw C, J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 2020 10 34 10 2595-2603
- Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy in a Coronavirus Disease-2019-Positive Patient: A Case Report.
- Dave S, Thibodeau JT, Styrvoky K, Bhatt SH, A A Pract 2020 Sep 14 11 e01304
- Bronchoscopic management of a primary endobronchial salivary epithelial-myoepithelial carcinoma: A case report.
- Patterson DT, Halverson Q, Williams S, Bishop JA, Ochoa CD, Styrvoky K, Respir Med Case Rep 2020 30 101083
- Bronchoscopically Treated Endobronchial Ameloblastoma With Rapid Local Recurrence.
- Styrvoky KC, Chiu HT J Bronchology Interv Pulmonol 2018 Apr 25 2 e13-e14
- Mortality in Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension Patients Treated with Continuous Prostanoids.
- Bartolome SD, Sood N, Shah TS, Styrvoky K, Torres FT, Chin KM Chest 2018 Apr
Honors & Awards
- Leadership Emerging in Academic Departments Program Participant
UT Southwestern (2023)
- Women in Interventional Pulmonary (2021)
- American Association of Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology
- American College of Chest Medicine
- American Thoracic Society
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association