John Cain, M.D.
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
- Medical School
- UT Health Science Center McGovern Medical School (1982)
- UT Health Science Center McGovern Medical School (1983), Internal Medicine & Psychiatry
- UT Health Science Center McGovern Medical School (1985), Psychiatry
- University of California at San Diego School of Medicine (1987), Biological Psychiatry
- Moclobemide in social phobia: a controlled dose-response trial.
- Noyes R, Moroz G, Davidson JR, Liebowitz MR, Davidson A, Siegel J, Bell J, Cain JW, Curlik SM, Kent TA, Lydiard RB, Mallinger AG, Pollack MH, Rapaport M, Rasmussen SA, Hedges D, Schweizer E, Uhlenhuth EH J Clin Psychopharmacol 1997 Aug 17 4 247-54
- Are fluoxetine plasma levels related to outcome in obsessive-compulsive disorder?
- Koran LM, Cain JW, Dominguez RA, Rush AJ, Thiemann S Am J Psychiatry 1996 Nov 153 11 1450-4
- The effects of fluoxetine on the polysomnogram of depressed outpatients: a pilot study.
- Hendrickse WA, Roffwarg HP, Grannemann BD, Orsulak PJ, Armitage R, Cain JW, Battaglia J, Debus JR, Rush AJ Neuropsychopharmacology 1994 Apr 10 2 85-91
- The effects of nefazodone on sleep architecture in depression.
- Armitage R, Rush AJ, Trivedi M, Cain J, Roffwarg HP, Neuropsychopharmacology 1994 Apr 10 2 123-7
- Poor response to fluoxetine: underlying depression, serotonergic overstimulation, or a "therapeutic window"?
- Cain JW J Clin Psychiatry 1992 Aug 53 8 272-7
- Biological and cognitive predictors of response to acute treatment in depressed outpatients.
- Rush AJ, Gullion CM, Cain JW, Roffwarg HP Clin Neuropharmacol 1992 15 Suppl 1 Pt A 576A-577A
- Hypertension associated with oral administration of physostigmine in a patient with Alzheimer's disease.
- Cain JW Am J Psychiatry 1986 Jul 143 7 910-2
Honors & Awards
- Irma Bland Award for Excellence in Teaching Residents, American Psychiatric Association
- Best Doctors in America