Dr. Charles Owens is originally from Highland Village, Texas and received his initial medical training at Georgetown University School of Medicine in Washington DC. He returned to Dallas to complete his internal medicine residency at UT Southwestern, followed by nephrology fellowship training at the combined Massachusetts General Hospital, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School. His clinical interests include medical education, general internal medicine, ICU Nephrology, glomerular kidney disease. Outside of work he enjoys spending time with his family.
- Medical School
- Georgetown University School of Medicine (2009)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2012), Internal Medicine
- Brigham and Women's Hospital (2014), Nephrology
- ICU Nephrology
- Effect of Continuous B Cell Depletion With Rituximab on Pathogenic Autoantibodies and Total IgG Levels in Antineutrophil Cytoplasmic Antibody-Associated Vasculitis.
- Cortazar FB, Pendergraft WF, Wenger J, Owens CT, Laliberte K, Niles JL, Arthritis & rheumatology (Hoboken, N.J.) 2017 05 69 5 1045-1053
- Combination therapy with rituximab, low-dose cyclophosphamide, and prednisone for idiopathic membranous nephropathy: a case series.
- Cortazar FB, Leaf DE, Owens CT, Laliberte K, Pendergraft WF, Niles JL, BMC Nephrol 2017 Feb 18 1 44
Honors & Awards
- Outstanding Teaching Award
Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas (2014-2015)
- Dallas County Medical Society (2014)
- American Medical Association (2012)
- American Society of Nephrology (2012)