Magda Hennes, M.D., Ph.D., is an Associate Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of the Division of General Internal Medicine. She specializes in general internal medicine with a focus on weight management and preventive care.
Dr. Hennes earned her medical degree at Cairo University in Egypt, followed, a decade later, by her doctorate in human nutrition at the University of Wisconsin–Madison. She completed her internal medicine residency training and a fellowship in endocrinology and metabolism at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, Dr. Hennes joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2009.
Dr. Hennes is a member of the American College of Physicians, the American Society of Internal Medicine, and the Egyptian Medical Syndicate.
Dr. Hennes has been voted a Best Doctor in Dallas by D Magazine for several years from 2011 to 2018 and again in 2022.
At UT Southwestern, she was honored through the Donna and John Femite Lounge in Honor of Magda Hennes, M.D. in 2021.
- Medical School
- Cairo University (1981)
- Other Post Graduate Training
- University of Wisconsin, Madison (1991), Human Nutrition
- Medical College of Wisconsin (1993), Endocrinology & Metabolism
- Medical College of Wisconsin (1998), Internal Medicine
- Medical College of Wisconsin (2000), Internal Medicine
Honors & Awards
- Kappa Omicron Nu
National honor society recognizing excellence in family and consumer sciences. (1992)
- Ethan A. H. Sims Young Investigator's Award
An Obesity Society Award (1989)
- American College of Physicians
- American Medical Association
- American Society Off Internal Medicine
- North American Association for the Study of Obesity
- State Medical Society of Wisconsin