Magda Hennes, M.D., Ph.D., is an Associate Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of its Division of General Internal Medicine. She specializes in general internal medicine with a focus on weight management and preventive care.
Dr. Hennes earned her medical degree at Cairo University in Egypt, followed, a decade later, by her doctorate in human nutrition at the University of Wisconsin–Madison. She completed her residency in internal medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin, where she also received advanced training through a fellowship in endocrinology and metabolism.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, Dr. Hennes joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2009.
She is a member of the American College of Physicians, the American Society of Internal Medicine, the Texas Medical Association, the Dallas County Medical Society, and the Egyptian Medical Syndicate.
- Medical School
- Cairo University (1981)
- Other Post Graduate Training
- University of Wisconsin, Madison (1991), Human Nutrition
- Medical College of Wisconsin (1993), Endocrinology & Metabolism
- Medical College of Wisconsin (1998), Internal Medicine
- Medical College of Wisconsin (2000), Internal Medicine
Honors & Awards
- Kappa Omicron Nu
National honor society recognizing excellence in family and consumer sciences. (1992)
- Ethan A. H. Sims Young Investigator’s Award
An Obesity Society Award (1989)
- American College of Physicians
- American Medical Association
- American Society Off Internal Medicine
- North American Association for the Study of Obesity
- State Medical Society of Wisconsin