- Texas A&M University (1977), Medicine
- Medical School
- Texas A&M University (1981), Medicine
- Craniocerebral trauma
- Sudden unexpected natural death
- The Eyeball Killer: Serial Killings with Postmortem Globe Enucleation.
- Coyle J, Ross KF, Barnard JJ, Peacock E, Linch CA, Prahlow JA J. Forensic Sci. 2015 Feb
- Deaths related to chemical burns.
- Pavelites JJ, Kemp WL, Barnard JJ, Prahlow JA Am J Forensic Med Pathol 2011 Dec 32 4 387-92
- Fatal disseminated cryptococcus as the initial presentation of HIV infection in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapy.
- Kovarik CL, Barnard JJ J. Forensic Sci. 2009 Jul 54 4 927-9
- The "unintended pedestrian" on expressways.
- Istre GR, McCoy M, Stowe M, Barnard JJ, Moore BJ, Anderson RJ Traffic Inj Prev 2007 Dec 8 4 398-402
- Syphilitic coronary artery ostial stenosis resulting in acute myocardial infarction and death.
- Kennedy JL, Barnard JJ, Prahlow JA Cardiology 2006 105 1 25-9
- Sudden death due to asphyxia by esophageal polyp: two case reports and review of asphyxial deaths.
- Carrick C, Collins KA, Lee CJ, Prahlow JA, Barnard JJ Am J Forensic Med Pathol 2005 Sep 26 3 275-81
- Lethal basal cell carcinoma secondary to cerebral invasion.
- Kovarik CL, Stewart D, Barnard JJ J. Am. Acad. Dermatol. 2005 Jan 52 1 149-51
- Forensic dermatopathology and internal disease.
- Kovarik CL, Stewart D, Cockerell CJ, Barnard JJ J. Forensic Sci. 2005 Jan 50 1 154-8
- Pregnancy-related maternal deaths.
- Prahlow JA, Barnard JJ Am J Forensic Med Pathol 2004 Sep 25 3 220-36
- Motor-vehicle collision-related death due to delayed-onset subarachnoid hemorrhage associated with anticoagulant therapy.
- Lopez AE, Barnard JJ, White CL, Oeberst JL, Prahlow JA J. Forensic Sci. 2004 Jul 49 4 807-8
Forensic Pathology. In Essentials of Anatomic Pathology
Jeffrey J. Barnard, Frank P. Miller, III (2001, 2006, 2015). Totowa, New Jersey, Humana Press
Honors & Awards
- Grant -Postmortem Silicone Distribution Studies
Grantor: American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons, Inc. (1994-1995)
- Beta Beta Beta Honor Society
- Inaugural Distinguished Alumni Award - Texas A&M College of Medicine
- Jones Scholarship at Texas A&M University
- Phi Eta Sigma
Freshman Honor Society
- Scholastic Scholarship at Texas A&M College of Medicine
- Vice-Chairman, Forensic Science Commission (2015)
- Chairman, Rapport Society (2012-2014)
- Commissioner, Forensic Science Commission (2012)
- Treasurer, Rapport Society Texas A&M Health Science Center (2008-2012)
- Board of Directors, United Network For Organ Sharing- ex officio (1997-1999)
- Member of Advisory Council-Southwest Organ Bank (1991)
- Member National Association of Medical Examiners (1987)
- President, Scott and White Residents Associations (1985-1986)
- Advisory Board of Dallas Brain Collection of Dept. of Psychiatry UTSW
- Member of Advisory Board of Dallas Brain Collection of Dept. of Psychiatry UTSW
- Member of Advisory Council of Transplant Services - ex officio
- Vice Chairman of the Texas Forensic Science Commission