Dr. Krawczyk studies reasoning and executive function in health and disease. Specifically, he is focused on how people use working memory, inhibitory control, and semantic knowledge to accomplish reasoning tasks that occur under the complex conditions of everyday life. His studies have included diagnostic approaches to cognition and brain function, evaluating responses to interventions for individuals with deficits in reasoning, and examinations of individuals with exceptional talent in reasoning acquired through expert knowledge.
Dr. Krawczyk received his PhD in 2003 from the University of California, Los Angeles, where he studied reasoning, decision making, and working memory with healthy populations as well as dementia patients. He then completed a postdoctoral fellowship at the University of California, Berkeley, where he studied working memory and incentive processing using functional MRI. He joined the faculty in Psychiatry at UT Southwestern in 2006 and is jointly appointed at the School of Behavioral and Brain Sciences at UT Dallas.
- Graduate School
- University of California UCLA (2000), Psychology
- Graduate School
- University of California UCLA (2003), Psychology
- Social Cognition
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Impaired neural processing of social attribution in anorexia nervosa.
- McAdams CJ, Krawczyk DC Psychiatry Res 2011 Oct 194 1 54-63
- The cognition and neuroscience of relational reasoning.
- Krawczyk DC Brain research 2010 Dec
- Deficits in analogical reasoning in adolescents with traumatic brain injury.
- Krawczyk DC, Hanten G, Wilde EA, Li X, Schnelle KP, Merkley TL, Vasquez AC, Cook LG, McClelland M, Chapman SB, Levin HS Front Hum Neurosci 2010 4
- Distraction during relational reasoning: The role of prefrontal cortex in interference control.
- Krawczyk, D. C., Morrison, R. G., Viskontas, I. V., Holyoak, K. J., Chow, T. W., Mendez, M., Miller, B. L. & Knowlton, B. J. Neuropsychologia 2008 46 2020-2032
- Reward modulation of prefrontal and visual association cortex during an incentive working memory task
- Krawczyk, D.C., Gazzaley, A., & D’Esposito, M. Brain Research 2007 1141 168-177
- Contributions of the prefrontal cortex to the neural basis of human decision making
- Daniel C. Krawczyk Neuroscience & Biobehavioral Reviews 2002 26 631-664