|Medical School||Washington University School of Medicine (1988)|
|Internship||Jewish Hospital of St. Louis (1989), Internal Medicine|
|Residency||Barnes-Jewish Hospital (1992), Neurology|
|Fellowship||Washington University in St. Louis (1994), Neuromuscular Disease|
- Acid Maltase Deficiency
- Amytrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Becker Muscular Dystrophy
- Bulbar Palsy
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth (CMT)
- Congenital Myopathy
- Debrancher Enzyme Deficiency
- Duchenne Disease
- Eaton Lambert Syndrome
- Facioscapulohumeral Muscular Dystrophy
- Friedreich's Ataxia
- Inclusion Body Myositis
- Inflammatory Myopathy
- Keams-Sayre Syndrome
- Lambert Eaton Syndrome
- Lou Gehrig's Disease
- McArdles Disease
- Metabolic Myopathy
- Mitochondrial Myopathy
- Motor Neuron Disease
- Muscular Atrophy
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Myasthenia Gravis (MG)
- Nemaline Myopathy
- Phosphofructokinase Deficiency
- Post-Polio Syndromes
- Primary Lateral Sclerosis
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Thompsen's Disease
- Thyroid Myopathy
- "Disease Progression in Transgenic model of familial amyotrophic latera sclerosis is dependent on both Neuronal and non-neuronal zinc binding proteins."o
- K Puttparthi, WL Gitomer U Krishnan, M Son, B Rajendran, and JL Elliott Journal of Neuroscience, October 2002 22: 8790-8796
- "Upregulation of cytokine expression in a transgenic model of familial amyotrophic lateral sclerosis"
- Elliott JL, Molecular Brain Research 2001 95: 172-178
- "Glutamate transorter EAAT-2 splice variants occur not only in ALS, but also in AD and controls"
- Honig LS, Chambliss D, Bigio E, Carroll S, Elliott JL Neurology 2000 55: 1082-1088
- "Restricted expression of G86R Cu/Zn superoxide dismutase in astrocytes results in astrocytosis but does not cause motoreuron degeneration"
- Gong YH, Parsadanian A, Andreeva A, Snider WD, Elliott,JL, Journal of Neuroscience, 2000 20(2): 660-665
- "Motor Neurons in Cu/Zn superoxide dismutase-deficient mice develop normally but exhibit enhanced cell death after axonal injury"
- Reaume AG, Elliott JL, Hoffman EK, et al, Nature Genetics 1996 13: 43-47
- "Redox susceptibility of SOD1 mutants is associated with the differential resonse to CCS over-expression in vivo"
- Son M, Fu Q, Puttaparthi K, Matthews CM and Elliott JL. Neurobiology of Disease 2009 In press
- "Isolated Cytochrome c oxidase deficiency in G93A SOD1 mice overexpressing CCS protein"
- Son, M., Leary, S.C., Romain, N., Pierrel, F., Winge, D.R., Haller, R.G., and Elliott, J.L., The Journal of Biological Chemistry May 2008 283: 12267-12275,
- "Biological effects of CCS in the absence of SOD1 enzyme activation: implications for disease in a mouse model of ALS"
- Proescher JB, Son M, Elliott JL, Culotta VC, Human Molecular Genetics 2008 17: 1728-1737.
- "Assessing the role of immuno-prpteasomes in a mouse model of familial ALS"
- K Puttaparthis and JL Elliott Experimental Neurology July 2007 206: 53-58
- "Assessing the role of immuno-proteasomes in a mouse model of familial ALS"
- K Puttaparthi and JL Elliott, Experimental Neurology July 2007 206: 53-58
Honors & Awards
- President Research Council Distinguished Young Researcher Award
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Association of Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- Society for Neuroscience