Dr. Udayakumar graduated from Medical College of Georgia, (Georgia Health Sciences University) Augusta GA in 2005 with a PhD in Molecular Medicine with emphasis on biochemical signaling in DNA damage and repair under the mentorship of Dr. William S. Dynan. She then completed her post-doctoral training at Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School in the department of Dermatology studying the molecular genetics of Melanoma tumorigenesis. In 2011 she held an Instructor appointment in the same laboratory investigating the Genetic determinants of UV induced skin carcinogenesis. In 2012, she joined University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center as an Instructor in the Department of Radiation Oncology. Since 2015, she has been appointed as Assistant Professor in the Department of Radiology at University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center. Her current research focus is to establish a program on Radiogenomic imaging with a special focus on prostate cancer.
- Graduate School
- Georgia College (2005)
- Graduate School
- Medical College of Georgia (2005), Biomedical Sciences
- Characterization of DNA binding and pairing activities associated with the native SFPQ·NONO DNA repair protein complex.
- Udayakumar D, Dynan WS Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 2015 Aug 463 4 473-8
- Detecting ATM-dependent chromatin modification in DNA damage response.
- Udayakumar D, Horikoshi N, Mishra L, Hunt C, Pandita TK Methods Mol. Biol. 2015 1288 317-36
- Melanocytes Are Selectively Vulnerable to UVA-Mediated Bystander Oxidative Signaling.
- Redmond RW, Rajadurai A, Udayakumar D, Sviderskaya EV, Tsao H J. Invest. Dermatol. 2013 Nov
- EphA2 is a critical oncogene in melanoma.
- Udayakumar D, Zhang G, Ji Z, Njauw CN, Mroz P, Tsao H Oncogene 2011 Dec 30 50 4921-9
- Genetic determinants of cutaneous melanoma predisposition.
- Udayakumar D, Mahato B, Gabree M, Tsao H Semin Cutan Med Surg 2010 Sep 29 3 190-5
- Dynamic gene expression analysis links melanocyte growth arrest with nevogenesis.
- Yang G, Thieu K, Tsai KY, Piris A, Udayakumar D, Njauw CN, Ramoni MF, Tsao H Cancer Res. 2009 Dec 69 23 9029-37
- Identification of the polypyrimidine tract binding protein-associated splicing factor.p54(nrb) complex as a candidate DNA double-strand break rejoining factor.
- Bladen CL, Udayakumar D, Takeda Y, Dynan WS J. Biol. Chem. 2005 Feb 280 7 5205-10
- Distinct pathways of nonhomologous end joining that are differentially regulated by DNA-dependent protein kinase-mediated phosphorylation.
- Udayakumar D, Bladen CL, Hudson FZ, Dynan WS J. Biol. Chem. 2003 Oct 278 43 41631-5
- Single-strand DNA-binding protein SSB1 facilitates TERT recruitment to telomeres and maintains telomere G-overhangs.
- Pandita RK, Chow TT, Udayakumar D, Bain AL, Cubeddu L, Hunt CR, Shi W, Horikoshi N, Zhao Y, Wright WE, Khanna KK, Shay JW, Pandita TK Cancer Res. 2015 Mar 75 5 858-69
- Pharmacological targeting of the pseudokinase Her3.
- Xie T, Lim SM, Westover KD, Dodge ME, Ercan D, Ficarro SB, Udayakumar D, Gurbani D, Tae HS, Riddle SM, Sim T, Marto JA, Jänne PA, Crews CM, Gray NS Nat. Chem. Biol. 2014 Dec 10 12 1006-12