Dr Costa is a board-certified radiologist who obtained his MD degree from Universidade de Sao Paulo (Sao Paulo, Brazil) followed by postgraduate training in Diagnostic Radiology (Universidade de Sao Paulo) and advanced Body MRI (Harvard Medical School, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, MA). He is an active researcher in the field of prostate cancer imaging and a clinician covering all modalities of abdomiinal and pelvic imaging.
- Medical School
- Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de Sao Paulo (2001)
- Hospital das Clinicas da Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de Sao Paulo (2001), Internal Medicine
- Instituto de Radiologia, Hospital das Clinicas da Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de Sao Paulo (2005), Radiology
- Instituto de Radiologia, Hospital das Clinicas da Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de Sao Paulo (2006), Abdominal Imaging
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (2007), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (mri)
- Abdominal Radiology
- Computed Tomography
- Gastrointestinal Radiology
- MRI Genitourinary
- Prostate Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Improved Magnetic Resonance Imaging-Pathology Correlation With Imaging-Derived, 3D-Printed, Patient-Specific Whole-Mount Molds of the Prostate.
- Costa DN, Chatzinoff Y, Passoni NM, Kapur P, Roehrborn CG, Xi Y, Rofsky NM, Torrealba J, Francis F, Futch C, Hagens P, Notgrass H, Otero-Muinelo S, Pedrosa I, Chopra R Invest Radiol 2017 Apr
- An initial negative round of targeted biopsies in men with highly suspicious multiparametric magnetic resonance findings does not exclude clinically significant prostate cancer-Preliminary experience.
- Costa DN, Kay FU, Pedrosa I, Kolski L, Lotan Y, Roehrborn CG, Hornberger B, Xi Y, Francis F, Rofsky NM Urol. Oncol. 2016 Dec
- Quantitative diffusion-weighted imaging and dynamic contrast-enhanced characterization of the index lesion with multiparametric MRI in prostate cancer patients.
- Yuan Q, Costa DN, Sénégas J, Xi Y, Wiethoff AJ, Rofsky NM, Roehrborn C, Lenkinski RE, Pedrosa I J Magn Reson Imaging 2016 Jul
- Magnetic resonance/transrectal ultrasound fusion biopsy of the prostate compared to systematic 12-core biopsy for the diagnosis and characterization of prostate cancer: multi-institutional retrospective analysis of 389 patients.
- Mariotti GC, Costa DN, Pedrosa I, Falsarella PM, Martins T, Roehrborn CG, Rofsky NM, Xi Y, M Andrade TC, Queiroz MR, Lotan Y, Garcia RG, Lemos GC, Baroni RH Urol. Oncol. 2016 May
- Comparison of prostate cancer detection at 3-T MRI with and without an endorectal coil: A prospective, paired-patient study.
- Costa DN, Yuan Q, Xi Y, Rofsky NM, Lenkinski RE, Lotan Y, Roehrborn CG, Francis F, Travalini D, Pedrosa I Urol. Oncol. 2016 Mar
- The economic effect of using magnetic resonance imaging and magnetic resonance ultrasound fusion biopsy for prostate cancer diagnosis.
- Hutchinson RC, Costa DN, Lotan Y Urol. Oncol. 2015 Dec
- Assessment of Prospectively Assigned Likert Scores for Targeted MR Imaging-Transrectal US Fusion Biopsies in Patients with Suspected Prostate Cancer.
- Costa DN, Lotan Y, Rofsky NM, Roehrborn C, Liu A, Hornberger B, Xi Y, Francis F, Pedrosa I J. Urol. 2015 Jul
- Decision analysis model comparing cost of multiparametric magnetic resonance imaging vs. repeat biopsy for detection of prostate cancer in men with prior negative findings on biopsy.
- Lotan Y, Haddad AQ, Costa DN, Pedrosa I, Rofsky NM, Roehrborn CG Urol. Oncol. 2015 Apr
- MR Imaging-Transrectal US Fusion for Targeted Prostate Biopsies: Implications for Diagnosis and Clinical Management.
- Costa DN, Pedrosa I, Donato F, Roehrborn CG, Rofsky NM Radiographics 2015 Mar 140058
- Multiparametric magnetic resonance imaging of the prostate: technical aspects and role in clinical management.
- Costa DN, Pedrosa I, Roehrborn C, Rofsky NM Top Magn Reson Imaging 2014 Aug 23 4 243-57
Thoracic Aorta. In CT and MR Angiography - A Comprehensive Vascular Assessment
Costa DN, Rubin GD, Rofsky NM, Hallet RL (2008). Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Principles and Techniques. In Atlas of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Costa DN, Rofsky NM (2007). Current Medicine Group
Large Airways - Tracheobronchomalacia. In CT of the Airways
Baroni RH, Chate RC, Costa DN, Boiselle P (2008). Springer
Honors & Awards
- Lauterbur Award (Society of Body Computed Tomography and Magnetic Resonance)
Best MRI-related Scientific Presentation for the oral presentation (2015-2015)
- AUR (Association of University Radiologists) - 3rd Annual Image Contest
Winner in the Radiology-related category (2012)
- American College of Radiology (2013)
- Texas Radiological Society (2013)
- Association of University Radiologists (AUR) (2012)
- Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) (2011)
- Society of Body Computed Tomography and Magnetic Resonance (SCBT-MR) (2011)