- Graduate School
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1994), Genetics & Development
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1996)
- Harvard Medical School/Brigham & Women's Hospital (1999), Anatomic Pathology
- Harvard Medical School/Brigham & Women's Hospital (2000), Gynecologic Pathology
- Cancer and Stem Cell Biology
- Cancers of the Reproductive Tract including Endometrial and Ovarian Cancer
- Stem Cells and Infertility
- LKB1 loss promotes endometrial cancer progression via CCL2-dependent macrophage recruitment.
- Peña CG, Nakada Y, Saatcioglu HD, Aloisio GM, Cuevas I, Zhang S, Miller DS, Lea JS, Wong KK, DeBerardinis RJ, Amelio AL, Brekken RA, Castrillon DH J. Clin. Invest. 2015 Sep
- PAX7 expression defines germline stem cells in the adult testis.
- Aloisio GM, Nakada Y, Saatcioglu HD, Peña CG, Baker MD, Tarnawa ED, Mukherjee J, Manjunath H, Bugde A, Sengupta AL, Amatruda JF, Cuevas I, Hamra FK, Castrillon DH J. Clin. Invest. 2014 Aug
- Loss of Lkb1 and Pten Leads to Lung Squamous Cell Carcinoma with Elevated PD-L1 Expression.
- Xu C, Fillmore CM, Koyama S, Wu H, Zhao Y, Chen Z, Herter-Sprie GS, Akbay EA, Tchaicha JH, Altabef A, Reibel JB, Walton Z, Ji H, Watanabe H, Jänne PA, Castrillon DH, Rustgi AK, Bass AJ, Freeman GJ, Padera RF, Dranoff G, Hammerman PS, Kim CF, Wong KK Cancer Cell 2014 May 25 5 590-604
- Gonadal Expression of Foxo1, but Not Foxo3, Is Conserved in Diverse Mammalian Species.
- Tarnawa ED, Baker MD, Aloisio G, Carr BR, Castrillon DH Biol. Reprod. 2013 Mar
- Monitoring tumorigenesis and senescence in vivo with a p16(INK4a)-luciferase model.
- Burd CE, Sorrentino JA, Clark KS, Darr DB, Krishnamurthy J, Deal AM, Bardeesy N, Castrillon DH, Beach DH, Sharpless NE Cell 2013 Jan 152 1-2 340-51
- The LKB1 tumor suppressor as a biomarker in mouse and human tissues.
- Nakada Y, Stewart TG, Peña CG, Zhang S, Zhao N, Bardeesy N, Sharpless NE, Wong KK, Hayes DN, Castrillon DH PLoS ONE 2013 8 9 e73449
- Cooperation between p53 and the telomere-protecting shelterin component Pot1a in endometrial carcinogenesis.
- Akbay EA, Peña CG, Ruder D, Michel JA, Nakada Y, Pathak S, Multani AS, Chang S, Castrillon DH Oncogene 2012 Jun
- Foxo1 is required in mouse spermatogonial stem cells for their maintenance and the initiation of spermatogenesis.
- Goertz MJ, Wu Z, Gallardo TD, Hamra FK, Castrillon DH J. Clin. Invest. 2011 Sep 121 9 3456-66
- Lkb1 inactivation is sufficient to drive endometrial cancers that are aggressive yet highly responsive to mTOR inhibitor monotherapy.
- Contreras CM, Akbay EA, Gallardo TD, Haynie JM, Sharma S, Tagao O, Bardeesy N, Takahashi M, Settleman J, Wong KK, Castrillon DH Dis Model Mech 2010 Mar-Apr 3 3-4 181-93
- Somatic LKB1 mutations promote cervical cancer progression.
- Wingo SN, Gallardo TD, Akbay EA, Liang MC, Contreras CM, Boren T, Shimamura T, Miller DS, Sharpless NE, Bardeesy N, Kwiatkowski DJ, Schorge JO, Wong KK, Castrillon DH PLoS ONE 2009 4 4 e5137
Honors & Awards
- American Society for Clinical Investigation
- National Institutes of Health
Mouse Pathobiologist Award (2007)
- Kimmel Scholar Award in Translational Science
Sidney Kimmel Foundation for Cancer Research (2004)
- Damon Runyon Postdoctoral Fellowship
Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation (2000)
- Stanley L. Robbins Research Award
Brigham & Women Hospital / Harvard Medical School (1999)
- American Association for Cancer Research
- American Association for the Advancement of Science