- Medical School
- Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine & Science (2003)
- University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (2006), Podiatric Medicine & Surgery
- Barry University School of Graduate Medical Sciences (2007), Podiatric Sports Medicine & Surgery
- Ankle and Foot Sports Injuries
- Ankle and Foot Reconstruction and Revision Surgery
- Ankle and Foot Trauma
- Use of Advanced Imaging of Calcaneal Fractures to improve surgical reconstruction of the calcaneus
- Comparison of Short-Term Outcomes After Total Ankle Replacement and Ankle Arthrodesis: An ACS-NSQIP Database Study.
- Anigian K, Ahn J, Wallace SB, Manchanda K, Liu GT, Raspovic KM, Van Pelt M, Wukich DK, Lalli TAJ, Foot Ankle Spec 2021 Oct 19386400211043363
- Short Term Radiographic and Patient Outcomes of a Biplanar Plating System for Triplanar Hallux Valgus Correction.
- Manchanda K, Chang A, Wallace B, Ahn J, Xi Y, Liu GT, Raspovic K, Van Pelt M, Chhabra A, Wukich D, Lalli T, J Foot Ankle Surg 2021 May-Jun 60 3 461-465
- Surgical Management of Displaced Intra-Articular Calcaneal Fractures: What Matters Most?
- Liu GT, Vanpelt MD, Lalli T, Raspovic KM, Wukich DK Clin Podiatr Med Surg 2019 Apr 36 2 173-184
- Is Routine Hardware Removal Following Open Reduction Internal Fixation of Tarsometatarsal Joint Fracture/Dislocation Necessary?
- VanPelt MD, Athey A, Yao J, Ennin K, Kassem L, Mulligan E, Lalli T, Liu GT, J Foot Ankle Surg 2019 Mar 58 2 226-230
- Three-Dimensional Computed Tomographic Characterization of Normal Anatomic Morphology and Variations of the Distal Tibiofibular Syndesmosis.
- Liu GT, Ryan E, Gustafson E, Vanpelt MD, Raspovic KM, Lalli T, Wukich DK, Xi Y, Chhabra A J Foot Ankle Surg 2018 Sep
- Kinematic Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Peroneal Tendon Subluxation with Intraoperative Correlation.
- VanPelt MD, Landrum MR, Igbinigie M, Wadhwa V, Chhabra A J Foot Ankle Surg 2017 Jan
- Fracture of the cuboid.
- Borrelli J, De S, VanPelt M J Am Acad Orthop Surg 2012 Jul 20 7 472-7
- Open Traumatic Dislocation of the First Metatarsophalangeal Joint with Fracture of the Fibular and Tibial Sesamoids: Case Report
- Michael VanPelt, DPM, Damieon Brown, DPM, Jeff Doyle, DPM, Javier La Fontaine, DPM, MS Journal Foot and Ankle Surgery March 2007 Volume 46, No. 2 124-129
- Amputation and infection are the greatest fears in patients with diabetes foot complications.
- Wukich DK, Raspovic KM, Jupiter DC, Heineman N, Ahn J, Johnson MJ, Liu GT, VanPelt MD, Lafontaine J, Lavery L, Kim P, Nakonezny PA, J Diabetes Complications 2022 Jul 36 7 108222
- One- and Two-Year Analysis of a Five-Year Prospective Multicenter Study Assessing Radiographic and Patient-Reported Outcomes Following Triplanar First Tarsometatarsal Arthrodesis With Early Weightbearing for Symptomatic Hallux Valgus.
- Liu GT, Chhabra A, Dayton MJ, Dayton PD, Duke WJ, Farber DC, Hatch DJ, Kile DA, Koay J, McAleer JP, Raissi A, Raspovic KM, Santrock RD, Taylor RP, VanPelt MD, Wukich DK, J Foot Ankle Surg 2022 Apr
Turf Toe Injuries. In Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy of the Foot and Ankle
Michael VanPelt, Amol Saxena and Marque Allen (2011). Springer
Amputations. In McGlamery
Robert P . Taylor and Michael Van Pelt (2021). Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW)
Honors & Awards
- Outstanding Educator Award
UT Southwestern Department of Prosthetics-Orthotics (2019)
- Young Practitioner Award
Texas Podiatric Medical Association, Annual Meeting (2011)
- Dr. Harold Feder Orthopaedic Award
The Scholl College Podiatric Medicine Finch University Health Science (2001)
- Award Outstanding Contribution & Scholarly Research Area of Science/Technology
University of Arkansas Pine Bluff School of Arts Science (1998)
- American College Of Foot And Ankle Surgeons (2010-2021)
- American College of Podiatric Sports Medicine (2007-2021)
- American College of Sports Medicine (2011-2017)
- American Podiatric Medical Association (2003-2021)
- Texas Podiatric Medical Association (2003-2021)