Dr. Yang’s research has been focusing on engineering proteoliposome with MscL, for its use in targeted drug release and magnetic resonance imaging. MscL has many properties that would make it ideal for use as a triggered nanovalve. It can be translated in vitro or synthetically synthesized, reconstituted into lipids, and yet spontaneously assemble into a functional complex. Since the introduction of charges into the channel pore lumen can gate the channel in the absence of membrane tension, MscL could be engineered into controllable nanovalves that detect alternative modalities including light and low pH, which makes it promising in diagnosis and target drug treatment of cancerous tissues.
- Cancer diagnosis
- Mechanosensitive channels
- targeted drug delivery
- Effects of Low Intensity Focused Ultrasound on Liposomes Containing Channel proteins.
- Babakhanian M, Yang L, Nowroozi B, Saddik G, Boodaghians L, Blount P, Grundfest W Sci Rep 2018 Nov 8 1 17250
- Engineering a pH-Sensitive Liposomal MRI Agent by Modification of a Bacterial Channel.
- Yang LM, Zheng H, Ratnakar JS, Adebesin BY, Do QN, Kovacs Z, Blount P Small 2018 Apr e1704256
- Chimeras Reveal a Single Lipid-Interface Residue that Controls MscL Channel Kinetics as well as Mechanosensitivity.
- Yang LM, Zhong D, Blount P Cell Rep 2013 Feb
- Three Routes To Modulate the Pore Size of the MscL Channel/Nanovalve.
- Yang LM, Wray R, Parker J, Wilson D, Duran RS, Blount P ACS nano 2012 Jan
- channel (ENaC) modulates channel inhibition by Nedd4-2.
- Krueger B, Yang L, Korbmacher C, Rauh R Pflugers Arch. 2018 Feb
- Dynamics of Protein-Protein Interactions at the MscL Periplasmic-Lipid Interface.
- Zhong D, Yang LM, Blount P Biophys. J. 2014 Jan 106 2 375-81
- Manipulating the permeation of charged compounds through the MscL nanovalve.
- Yang LM, Blount P FASEB J. 2011 Jan 25 1 428-34
- Cholesterol depletion of the plasma membrane prevents activation of the epithelial sodium channel (ENaC) by SGK1.
- Krueger B, Haerteis S, Yang L, Hartner A, Rauh R, Korbmacher C, Diakov A Cell. Physiol. Biochem. 2009 24 5-6 605-18
- Stimulation of the epithelial sodium channel (ENaC) by cAMP involves putative ERK phosphorylation sites in the C termini of the channel's beta- and gamma-subunit.
- Yang LM, Rinke R, Korbmacher C J. Biol. Chem. 2006 Apr 281 15 9859-68
- Lipopolysaccharide induces expression of macrophage inflammatory protein-1alpha in human umbilical vein endothelial cells
- Deng ZD, Qu ZL, Yang LM. Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi 2003 5 32 449-52
- SIGMA XI (2009)
- Biophysic Society (2008)