Tiffany Kindratt, MPH, is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Physician Assistant Studies in the School of Health Professions. She serves as Director of Research for the PA program and mentors PA students, as well as other medical learners, on how to conduct research projects. The overarching goal of her research is to evaluate and improve health outcomes across the lifespan through health communication, health information technology, and preventive services using medical education, community-based participatory research, and national survey methodologies.
She expects to obtain her PhD in Epidemiology from the UT School of Public Health, Dallas Regional Campus in August 2018.
- University of Texas-Austin (2004), Psychology
- Graduate School
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2009), Public Health
- Community-based participatory research
- Health communication
- Health disparities
- Health literacy
- Medical education and training
- Preventive services uptake
- Quality improvement
- Community action research track: Community-based participatory research and service-learning experiences for medical students.
- Gimpel N, Kindratt T, Dawson A, Pagels P Perspect Med Educ 2018 Jan
- Development of a Quality Improvement Curriculum in Physician Assistant Studies.
- Kindratt TB, Orcutt VL J Physician Assist Educ 2017 Jun 28 2 103-107
- Community action research experience (CARE): training family physicians in community based participatory research.
- Gimpel N, Pagels P, Kindratt T Educ Prim Care 2017 Feb 1-6
- 'Don't Be Scared': Demystifying Statistics in Postgraduate Medical Education.
- Kindratt T, Raza A, Anderson J, Evans DJ, Gimpel N Educ Prim Care 2015 Jan 26 1 53-54
- Training Family Medicine Residents in Effective Communication Skills While Utilizing Promotoras as Standardized Patients in OSCEs: A Health Literacy Curriculum.
- Pagels P, Kindratt T, Arnold D, Brandt J, Woodfin G, Gimpel N Int J Family Med 2015 2015 129187
- Health literacy, health information seeking behaviors and internet use among patients attending a private and public clinic in the same geographic area.
- Gutierrez N, Kindratt TB, Pagels P, Foster B, Gimpel NE J Community Health 2014 Feb 39 1 83-9
- Health literacy Objective Structured Clinical Exam for family medicine residents.
- Pagels P, Kindratt T, Arnold D, Brandt J, Woodfin G, Gimpel N Med Teach 2013 Oct 35 10 874-5
- Reaching the underserved through community-based participatory research and service learning: description and evaluation of a unique medical student training program.
- Dehaven MJ, Gimpel NE, Dallo FJ, Billmeier TM J Public Health Manag Pract 2011 Jul-Aug 17 4 363-8
- Cigarette Smoking among US- and Foreign-Born European and Arab American Non-Hispanic White Men and Women.
- Kindratt TB, Dallo FJ, Roddy J J Racial Ethn Health Disparities 2018 Mar
- Adolescent - Perceived Maternal Relationship during Adolescence and Pap Smears during Young Adulthood
- Tiffany B. Kindratt and Jennifer M. Reingle Gonzalez The Journal of Adolescent and Family Health 2018 1 9 3-25