Tiffany Kindratt, PhD, MPH, is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Physician Assistant Studies in the School of Health Professions. She serves as Director of Research for the PA program and mentors PA students, as well as other medical learners, on how to conduct research projects.
The overarching goal of her program of research is to reduce health disparities and improve communication between health care providers and their patients through medical and health sciences education, community-based participatory research, and national survey methodologies. She is interested in exploring how different qualities and modes of patient-provider communication are associated with health outcomes across the lifespan. Exploring these factors will help to determine the best ways to intervene on the patient, provider, and population levels. Her contributions to science mainly stem from projects focused on addressing health disparities, evaluating curriculum, and providing mentorship.
- University of Texas-Austin (2004), Psychology
- Graduate School
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2009), Public Health
- Graduate School
- University of Texas Health Sci (2018), Epidemiology
- Community-based participatory research
- Health communication
- Health disparities
- Health literacy
- Health sciences education
- Preventive services uptake
- Quality improvement
- Development of a Quality Improvement Curriculum in Physician Assistant Studies.
- Kindratt TB, Orcutt VL J Physician Assist Educ 2017 Jun 28 2 103-107
- 'Don't Be Scared': Demystifying Statistics in Postgraduate Medical Education.
- Kindratt T, Raza A, Anderson J, Evans DJ, Gimpel N Educ Prim Care 2015 Jan 26 1 53-54
- Training Family Medicine Residents in Effective Communication Skills While Utilizing Promotoras as Standardized Patients in OSCEs: A Health Literacy Curriculum.
- Pagels P, Kindratt T, Arnold D, Brandt J, Woodfin G, Gimpel N Int J Family Med 2015 2015 129187
- Health literacy, health information seeking behaviors and internet use among patients attending a private and public clinic in the same geographic area.
- Gutierrez N, Kindratt TB, Pagels P, Foster B, Gimpel NE J Community Health 2014 Feb 39 1 83-9
- Cigarette Smoking among US- and Foreign-Born European and Arab American Non-Hispanic White Men and Women.
- Kindratt TB, Dallo FJ, Roddy J J Racial Ethn Health Disparities 2018 Mar
- Community action research track: Community-based participatory research and service-learning experiences for medical students.
- Gimpel N, Kindratt T, Dawson A, Pagels P Perspect Med Educ 2018 Jan
- Adolescent - Perceived Maternal Relationship during Adolescence and Pap Smears during Young Adulthood
- Tiffany B. Kindratt and Jennifer M. Reingle Gonzalez The Journal of Adolescent and Family Health 2018 1 9 3-25
- Community action research experience (CARE): training family physicians in community based participatory research.
- Gimpel N, Pagels P, Kindratt T Educ Prim Care 2017 Feb 1-6
- Efficacy of dietary interventions in end-stage renal disease patients; a systematic review.
- Nazar CM, Bojerenu MM, Safdar M, Ahmed A, Akhtar MH, Kindratt TB J Nephropharmacol 2016 5 1 28-40
- Disparities in Chronic Disease Prevalence Among Non-Hispanic Whites: Heterogeneity Among Foreign-Born Arab and European Americans.
- Dallo FJ, Kindratt TB J Racial Ethn Health Disparities 2015 Nov
Honors & Awards
- UT Southwestern School of Health Professions Research Recognition Award
For Outstanding Efforts in Research (2018)
- UTHealth School of Public Health Alpha Iota Chapter
Delta Omega Honor Society (2018)
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) Outstanding Service and Leadership Award