Jennifer Buchanan Walsh, M.D., is an Associate Professor in the Departments of Internal Medicine and Pediatrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She is the founding Program Director of the UT Southwestern Combined Internal Medicine/Pediatrics Residency Program, and she serves as Chief of the Division of Combined Internal Medicine and Pediatrics. She specializes in providing primary care for both children and adults.
Dr. Walsh earned her medical degree at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, and she completed her residency in internal medicine and pediatrics at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine and the American Board of Pediatrics, she joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2007.
Dr. Walsh is passionate about medical education, adolescent and young adult reproductive health, and improving health care for adolescents and young adults as they transition from pediatric to adult health care, particularly those who have special health care needs.
She is a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American College of Physicians, the Association of Pediatric Program Directors, and the Medicine-Pediatrics Program Directors Association.
Dr. Walsh loves hiking, yoga, reading historical fiction, and cheering from the sidelines at hockey and soccer games with her husband and three sons.
- Medical School
- UT Health Science Center McGovern Medical School (2003), Pediatrics
- University of North Carolina Hospitals (2004), Internal Medicine & Pediatrics
- University of North Carolina Hospitals (2007), Internal Medicine & Pediatrics
- Medical education
- Pediatric to adult healthcare transition
Honors & Awards
- Core Clerkship Clinical Teaching Award for Subinternships
UT Southwestern Medical School (2012)
- Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA)
- Best Pediatric Specialists/Doctors in Dallas
D Magazine (2011-2013, 2015-2016, 2018)
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Fellow
- American College of Physicians, Fellow
- Association of Pediatric Program Directors
- Association of Program Directors in Internal Medicine
- Med/Peds Program Directors Association