Dr. Thibodeau is a cardiologist specializing in advanced heart failure and transplant cardiology. She received her undergraduate degree from Georgetown University in Washington, D.C. and her medical degree from the University of Maryland School of Medicine. She completed an Internal Medicine residency at the University of Maryland Medical Center, where she also served as Chief Medical Resident. She completed fellowships in Cardiovascular Medicine as well as Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas. Dr. Thibodeau’s clinical interests are in the management of patients with advanced heart failure, cardiac transplantation, and ventricular assist devices.
- Medical School
- University of Maryland School of Medicine (2003)
- University of Maryland Medical Center (2006), Internal Medicine
- Chief Resident
- University of Maryland Medical Center (2007), Internal Medicine
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical School (2010), Cardiology
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2011), Advanced Heart Failure & Transplant Cardiology
- Graduate School
- UT Southwestern Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences (2013)
- Advanced Heart Failure
- Cardiac Transplantation
- Symptoms of heart failure
- Ventricular assist devices
- Hypoxemia in a patient with biventricular HeartWare ventricular assist devices.
- Velez-Martinez M, Albaugh MA, Amin AA, Thibodeau JT, Miskin JD, Mammen PPA, Markham DW, Reimold SC, Drazner MH, McKinnon LJ, Meyer DM, Bethea BT, Mishkin JD. Mechanical Circulatory Support 2103 4 22638
- A Sensitive Cardiac Troponin I Assay to Screen for Acute Rejection in Heart Transplant Patients.
- Patel PC, Hill DA, Ayers CR, Kaiser P, Lavingia B, Dyer AK, Barnes AP, Thibodeau JT, Mishkin JD, Mammen PP, Markham DW, Stastny P, Ring WS, de Lemos JA, Drazner MH Circ Heart Fail 2014 Apr
- Characterization of a novel symptom of advanced heart failure: bendopnea.
- Thibodeau JT, Turer AT, Gualano SK, Ayers CR, Velez-Martinez M, Mishkin JD, Patel PC, Mammen PP, Markham DW, Levine BD, Drazner MH JACC Heart Fail 2014 Feb 2 1 24-31
- Tolerability of sirolimus: a decade of experience at a single cardiac transplant center.
- Thibodeau JT, Mishkin JD, Patel PC, Kaiser PA, Ayers CR, Mammen PP, Markham DW, Ring WS, Peltz M, Drazner MH Clin Transplant 2013 Nov-Dec 27 6 945-52
- Inaccuracy of Estimated Resting Oxygen Uptake in the Clinical Setting.
- Narang N, Thibodeau JT, Levine BD, Gore MO, Ayers CR, Lange RA, Cigarroa JE, Turer AT, de Lemos JA, McGuire DK Circulation 2013 Sep
- Relationship of Right- to Left-Ventricular Filling Pressures in Advanced Heart Failure: Insights from the ESCAPE Trial.
- Drazner MH, Velez-Martinez M, Ayers C, Reimold SC, Thibodeau JT, Mishkin JD, Mammen PP, Markham DW, Patel CB Circ Heart Fail 2013 Feb
- Health insurance as a requirement to undergo cardiac transplantation: a national survey of transplant program practices.
- Thibodeau JT, Rao MP, Gupta C, Ayers CR, Gupta S, Mammen PP, Markham DW, Mishkin JD, Patel PC, King LP, Drazner MH Transplant. Proc. 2013 Jan 45 1 360-3
- Sirolimus use and incidence of venous thromboembolism in cardiac transplant recipients.
- Thibodeau JT, Mishkin JD, Patel PC, Kaiser PA, Ayers CR, Mammen PP, Markham DW, Ring WS, Peltz M, Drazner MH Clin Transplant 2012 Nov 26 6 953-9
- The natural history of new-onset heart failure with a severely depressed left ventricular ejection fraction: implications for timing of implantable cardioverter-defibrillator implantation.
- Teeter WA, Thibodeau JT, Rao K, Brickner ME, Toto KH, Nelson LL, Mishkin JD, Ayers CR, Miller JG, Mammen PP, Patel PC, Markham DW, Drazner MH Am. Heart J. 2012 Sep 164 3 358-64
- IIIB or not IIIB: a previously unanswered question.
- Thibodeau JT, Mishkin JD, Patel PC, Mammen PP, Markham DW, Drazner MH J. Card. Fail. 2012 May 18 5 367-72
Honors & Awards
- American Heart Association Samuel A. Levine Young Clinical Investigator Award Finalist
- American College of Cardiology
- Heart Failure Society of America
- International Society of Heart and Lung Transplantation