Dr. Thibodeau is a cardiologist specializing in advanced heart failure and transplant cardiology. She received her undergraduate degree from Georgetown University in Washington, D.C. and her medical degree from the University of Maryland School of Medicine. She completed an Internal Medicine residency at the University of Maryland Medical Center, where she also served as Chief Medical Resident. She completed fellowships in Cardiovascular Medicine as well as Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas. Dr. Thibodeau’s clinical interests are in the management of patients with advanced heart failure, cardiac transplantation, and ventricular assist devices.
- Medical School
- University of Maryland School of Medicine (2003)
- University of Maryland Medical Center (2006), Internal Medicine
- Chief Resident
- University of Maryland Medical Center (2007), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2010), Cardiology
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2011), Advanced Heart Failure & Transplant Cardiology
- Graduate School
- UT Southwestern Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences (2013)
- Advanced Heart Failure
- Cardiac Transplantation
- Symptoms of heart failure
- Ventricular assist devices
- The Role of the Clinical Examination in Patients With Heart Failure.
- Thibodeau JT, Drazner MH JACC Heart Fail 2018 Jul 6 7 543-551
- Impact of bendopnea on postoperative outcomes in patients with severe aortic stenosis undergoing aortic valve replacement.
- Dominguez-Rodriguez A, Thibodeau JT, Ayers CR, Jimenez-Sosa A, Garrido P, Montoto J, Prada-Arrondo PC, Abreu-Gonzalez P, Drazner MH Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 2018 Jun
- Discordant Perceptions of Prognosis and Treatment Options Between Physicians and Patients With Advanced Heart Failure.
- Ambardekar AV, Thibodeau JT, DeVore AD, Kittleson MM, Forde-McLean RC, Palardy M, Mountis MM, Cadaret L, Teuteberg JJ, Pamboukian SV, Xie R, Stevenson LW, Stewart GC JACC Heart Fail 2017 Sep 5 9 663-671
- Bendopnea and risk of adverse clinical outcomes in ambulatory patients with systolic heart failure.
- Thibodeau JT, Jenny BE, Maduka JO, Divanji PH, Ayers CR, Araj F, Amin AA, Morlend RM, Mammen PP, Drazner MH Am. Heart J. 2017 Jan 183 102-107
- Association between Bendopnea and Key Parameters of Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing in Patients with Advanced Heart Failure.
- Dominguez-Rodriguez A, Thibodeau JT, Abreu-Gonzalez P, Ayers CR, Jimenez-Sosa A, Aranda JM, Drazner MH J. Card. Fail. 2015 Dec
- Characterization of a novel symptom of advanced heart failure: bendopnea.
- Thibodeau JT, Turer AT, Gualano SK, Ayers CR, Velez-Martinez M, Mishkin JD, Patel PC, Mammen PP, Markham DW, Levine BD, Drazner MH JACC Heart Fail 2014 Feb 2 1 24-31
- Hypoxemia in a patient with biventricular HeartWare ventricular assist devices.
- Velez-Martinez M, Albaugh MA, Amin AA, Thibodeau JT, Miskin JD, Mammen PPA, Markham DW, Reimold SC, Drazner MH, McKinnon LJ, Meyer DM, Bethea BT, Mishkin JD. Mechanical Circulatory Support 2103 4 22638
- Predictors of Death in Adults With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy-Associated Cardiomyopathy.
- Cheeran D, Khan S, Khera R, Bhatt A, Garg S, Grodin JL, Morlend R, Araj FG, Amin AA, Thibodeau JT, Das S, Drazner MH, Mammen PPA J Am Heart Assoc 2017 Oct 6 10
- Implantation of a left ventricular assist device to provide long-term support for end-stage Duchenne muscular dystrophy-associated cardiomyopathy.
- Stoller D, Araj F, Amin A, Fitzsimmons C, Morlend R, Thibodeau JT, Ramaciotti C, Drazner MH, Meyer DM, Mammen PPA ESC Heart Fail 2017 Aug 4 3 379-383
- High early event rates in patients with questionable eligibility for advanced heart failure therapies: Results from the Medical Arm of Mechanically Assisted Circulatory Support (Medamacs) Registry.
- Ambardekar AV, Forde-McLean RC, Kittleson MM, Stewart GC, Palardy M, Thibodeau JT, DeVore AD, Mountis MM, Cadaret L, Teuteberg JJ, Pamboukian SV, Cantor RS, Lindenfeld J J. Heart Lung Transplant. 2016 Jan
Honors & Awards
- Journal of the American College of Cardiology: Heart Failure's Young Author Achievement Award
- American Heart Association Samuel A. Levine Young Clinical Investigator Award Finalist
- American College of Cardiology
- American Heart Association
- Heart Failure Society of America
- International Society of Heart and Lung Transplantation