- Medical School
- St. George's University School of Medicine, West Indies (2004)
- University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine (2005), Pediatrics
- University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine (2007), Pediatrics
- UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2010), Pediatric Cardiology
- Echocardiographic prediction of spontaneous closure of the ductus arteriosus in neonates less than 30 weeks gestation
- Anomalous left pulmonary artery origin from internal carotid artery: prospective echocardiographic diagnosis of a previously unknown variant.
- Thankavel PP, Martho LC, Zeltser I Cardiol Young 2015 Mar 1-4
- Utility and Importance of New Echocardiographic Screening Methods in Diagnosis of Anomalous Coronary Origins in the Pediatric Population: Assessment of Quality Improvement.
- Thankavel PP, Lemler MS, Ramaciotti C Pediatr Cardiol 2014 Aug
- Double-Outlet Right Atrium Associated with Hypoplastic Right Heart Structures and Aortic Stenosis: Echocardiographic Features.
- Thankavel PP, Gabbert B, Ramaciotti C Echocardiography 2014 Mar
- Unruptured Sinus of Valsalva Aneurysm in a Neonate with Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome: Echocardiographic Diagnosis and Features.
- Thankavel PP, Lemler MS, Ramaciotti C Echocardiography 2013 Dec
- Elevated troponin levels in previously healthy children: value of diagnostic modalities and the importance of a drug screen.
- Thankavel PP, Mir A, Ramaciotti C Cardiol Young 2013 Mar 1-7
- High-Takeoff Single Coronary Artery With Intramural Course in Truncus Arteriosus: Prospective Echocardiographic Identification.
- Thankavel PP, Brown PS, Nugent AW Pediatr Cardiol 2013 Jan
- Left-dominant double aortic arch in critical pulmonary stenosis and ventricular septal defect.
- Thankavel PP, Brown PS, Lemler MS Pediatr Cardiol 2012 Dec 33 8 1469-71
- Anomalous Left Main Coronary Artery Origin From the Right Sinus of Valsalva: A Novel Echocardiographic Screening Method.
- Thankavel PP, Balakrishnan PL, Lemler MS, Ramaciotti C Pediatr Cardiol 2012 Oct
- Imaging the coronary artery: is it really normal? How to avoid common echocardiographic pitfalls.
- Thankavel PP, Brown PS, Carron HD, Ramaciotti C Circ Cardiovasc Imaging 2012 May 5 3 415-8
- A Neonate with Left Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia and Transient Retrograde Flow in the Aortic Arch.
- Thankavel PP, Ramaciotti C, Lemler MS Pediatric cardiology 2011 Apr
Honors & Awards
- Texas Super Doctors
Texas Monthly Magazine (2015-2017)
- Excellence in Research
UT Southwestern Medical Center (2010)
- Young Investigator Travel Award
American Academy of Pediatrics (2010)
- American Society of Echocardiography (2010)