Dr. Chandra is originally from Indonesia, grew up in Houston, and obtained his undergraduate degree from the University of Texas at Austin. He received his initial medical training at UT Southwestern in Dallas, TX. He then stayed at UT Southwestern to complete his Internal Medicine Residency and General Cardiology Fellowship. Drawn by the opportunity for to learn more about cardio-oncology, cardiac imaging, and clinical research, he completed an advanced fellowship in Boston at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School.
Dr. Chandra currently practices general cardiology and non-invasive cardiovascular imaging with a specialty in cardio-oncology. His research interests include health-related quality of life in patients with heart disease and primary/secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease, with special focus on the cancer population. Dr. Chandra’s interests outside of medicine include his family, basketball, football, and traveling.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2012)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2015), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2017), Cardiology
- Brigham and Women's Hospital (2019), Cardiac Imaging
- Cardiac Imaging-based Endpoints in Clinical Research
- Epidemiology of Heart Failure
- Health-related Quality of Life in Patients with Cardiovascular Disease
- Prevention and Risk Assessment of Cardiovascular Disease in Cardio-oncology
- The association of retinal vessel calibres with heart failure and long-term alterations in cardiac structure and function: the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) Study.
- Chandra A, Seidelmann SB, Claggett BL, Klein BE, Klein R, Shah AM, Solomon SD, Eur. J. Heart Fail. 2019 Aug
- Health-Related Quality of Life in Heart Failure With Preserved Ejection Fraction: The PARAGON-HF Trial.
- Chandra A, Vaduganathan M, Lewis EF, Claggett BL, Rizkala AR, Wang W, Lefkowitz MP, Shi VC, Anand IS, Ge J, Lam CSP, Maggioni AP, Martinez F, Packer M, Pfeffer MA, Pieske B, Redfield MM, Rouleau JL, Van Veldhuisen DJ, Zannad F, Zile MR, McMurray JJV, Solomon SD, JACC Heart Fail 2019 Jul
- Temporal Changes in Body Fat Distribution and Hypertension.
- Chandra A, Ayers CR, Neeland IJ, J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2019 Jul 73 25 3357-3359
- Bleeding Risk in Patients with Cirrhosis Undergoing Transesophageal Echocardiography: 6-Year Experience from Parkland Health and Hospital System.
- Chandra A, Chen TC, Tang Z, Matulevicius SA, Das SR, Agrawal D, J Am Soc Echocardiogr 2019 May 32 5 678-680
- Efficacy of Neurohormonal Therapiesin Preventing Cardiotaxicity in Patients with Cancer Undergoing Chemotherapy
- Vaduganathan M, Hirji SA, Qamar A, Bajaj N, Gupta A, Zaha V, Chandra A J Am Coll Cardiol CardioOnc 2019 2019 Sept 24
- Intraventricular flow patterns during right ventricular apical pacing.
- Bianco F, Cicchitti V, Bucciarelli V, Chandra A, Di Girolamo E, Pedrizzetti G, Tonti G, Romano S, De Caterina R, Gallina S, Open Heart 2019 6 1 e001057
- Effects of Sacubitril/Valsartan on Physical and Social Activity Limitations in Patients With Heart Failure: A Secondary Analysis of the PARADIGM-HF Trial.
- Chandra A, Lewis EF, Claggett BL, Desai AS, Packer M, Zile MR, Swedberg K, Rouleau JL, Shi VC, Lefkowitz MP, Katova T, McMurray JJV, Solomon SD, JAMA Cardiol 2018 Jun 3 6 498-505
- Regional Fat Distribution and Blood Pressure Level and Variability: The Dallas Heart Study.
- Yano Y, Vongpatanasin W, Ayers C, Turer A, Chandra A, Carnethon MR, Greenland P, de Lemos JA, Neeland IJ Hypertension 2016 Jul
- Relation of Black Race Between High Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol Content, High Density Lipoprotein Particles and Coronary Events (from the Dallas Heart Study).
- Chandra A, Neeland IJ, Das SR, Khera A, Turer AT, Ayers CR, McGuire DK, Rohatgi A Am. J. Cardiol. 2015 Jan
- The relationship of body mass and fat distribution with incident hypertension: observations from the dallas heart study.
- Chandra A, Neeland IJ, Berry JD, Ayers CR, Rohatgi A, Das SR, Khera A, McGuire DK, de Lemos JA, Turer AT J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2014 Sep 64 10 997-1002
Honors & Awards
- Best Research Article by Internal Medicine Resident
UT Southwestern Medical Center (2015)
- European Society of Cardiology (2018)
- American Society of Nuclear Cardiology (2017)
- American College of Cardiology (2015)
- American Heart Association (2014)