David I. Fudman, M.D., is a faculty member in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He is a gastroenterologist who specializes in the treatment of inflammatory bowel diseases such as Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
Dr. Fudman earned his medical degree at UT Southwestern Medical School. He completed a residency in internal medicine at New York-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center and then obtained advanced training in treating inflammatory bowel disease through a fellowship in gastroenterology and hepatology at Beth Israel-Deaconess Medical Center/Harvard Medical School.
Board certified in internal medicine and gastroenterology, he joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2018.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2011)
- Columbia University Medical Center/New York Presbyterian Hospital (2014), Internal Medicine
- Beth Isreal Deaconess Medical Center (2018), Gastroenterology
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Quality improvement
- Interventions to Decrease Unplanned Healthcare Utilization and Improve Quality of Care in Adults With Inflammatory Bowel Disease: A Systematic Review.
- Fudman DI, Perez-Reyes AE, Niccum BA, Melmed GY, Khalili H, Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 2021 Sep
- Systematic Review With Meta-analysis: Safety and Effectiveness of Combining Biologics and Small Molecules in Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
- Alayo QA, Fenster M, Altayar O, Glassner KL, Llano E, Clark-Snustad K, Patel A, Kwapisz L, Yarur AJ, Cohen BL, Ciorba MA, Thomas D, Lee SD, Loftus EV, Fudman DI, Abraham BP, Colombel JF, Deepak P, Crohns Colitis 360 2022 Jan 4 1 otac002
- Prevalence of Forceps Polypectomy of Non-Diminutive Polyps is Substantial but Modifiable.
- Fudman DI, Singal AG, Cooper MG, Lee M, Murphy CC, Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 2021 Nov
- Visceral Adipose Tissue Volumetrics Inform Odds of Treatment Response and Risk of Subsequent Surgery in IBD Patients Starting Antitumor Necrosis Factor Therapy.
- Gu P, Chhabra A, Chittajallu P, Chang C, Mendez D, Gilman A, Fudman DI, Xi Y, Feagins LA, Inflamm Bowel Dis 2021 Jul
- Antibiotic prophylaxis and infectious complications in patients on peritoneal dialysis undergoing lower gastrointestinal endoscopy.
- Clarke WT, Satyam VR, Fudman DI, Zullow S, Goyal KG, Byanova KL, Huang C, Feuerstein JD, Gastroenterol Rep (Oxf) 2020 Oct 8 5 407-409
- Fragmentation, Care Models, and Improving Outcomes in Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
- Fudman DI, Hou JK, JAMA Netw Open 2020 09 3 9 e2016122
- High Rate of Incomplete Consent for Colonoscopy: Identifying an Area for Improvement in Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
- Fudman DI, Roemi L, Leffler DA, Feuerstein JD, Am J Med Qual 2019 Aug 1062860619868296
- Complication rates of trainee- versus attending-performed upper gastrointestinal endoscopy.
- Fudman DI, Falchuk KR, Feuerstein JD, Ann Gastroenterol 2019 May-Jun 32 3 273-277
- Inpatient Management of Acute Severe Ulcerative Colitis.
- Fudman DI, Sattler L, Feuerstein JD, J Hosp Med 2019 May 14 E1-E8
- Effect of Consent and Educational Adjuncts to Consent on Patient Perceptions About Colonoscopy.
- Fudman DI, Papamichael K, Roemi L, Rao V, Falchuk KR, Leffler DA, Feuerstein JD J. Clin. Gastroenterol. 2018 Jul
Anti-TNF Therapy for Treatment of Extraintestinal Manifestations of Inflammatory Bowel Disease. In Treatment of Inflammatory Bowel Disease with Biologics
Fudman DI, Flier SN (2017). Springer