Lauren Phillips, M.D., is an Associate Professor in the Department of Neurology at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She also serves as the Neurology Residency Program Director.
Dr. Phillips earned her medical degree at University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, and she completed her neurology residency and neuromuscular medicine fellowship at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She is certified in Neurology by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and has subspecialty certification in Neuromuscular Medicine. She is also certified in Autonomic Disorders by the United Council for Neurological Subspecialties and serves on the Autonomic Disorders Examination Committee.
Her clinical interests include neuropathies, myasthenia gravis, myopathies, and autonomic disorders. She performs nerve conduction studies (NCS), electromyography (EMG), and autonomic function tests. She has been involved in several clinical trials.
Her other primary interest is medical education and mentorship. Her initial roles were in medical student education, as co-director of the Brain & Behavior course and the Neurology clerkship. She has been the Neurology Residency Program Director since 2018, and she is proud to work with such wonderful residents, fellows, and teaching faculty.
Dr. Phillips is a member of the American Academy of Neurology and the American Autonomic Society.
- Medical School
- UT Health Science Center at San Antonio School of Medicine (2008)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2009), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2012), Neurology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2014), Neuromuscular Disease
- Autonomic Disorders
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome: JACC Focus Seminar.
- Bryarly M, Phillips LT, Fu Q, Vernino S, Levine BD, J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2019 Mar 73 10 1207-1228
- Muscle Channelopathies.
- Statland J, Phillips L, Trivedi JR Neurol Clin 2014 Aug 32 3 801-815
- Ganglionic Acetylcholine Receptor Antibodies in Postural Tachycardia Syndrome.
- Bryarly M, Raj SR, Phillips L, Hynan LS, Okamoto LE, Arnold AC, Paranjape SY, Vernino M, Black BK, Vernino S, Neurol Clin Pract 2021 Aug 11 4 e397-e401
- A comparison of health-related quality of life in autonomic disorders: postural tachycardia syndrome versus vasovagal syncope.
- Hall J, Bourne KM, Sheldon RS, Vernino S, Raj V, Ng J, Okamoto LE, Arnold AC, Bryarly M, Phillips L, Paranjape SY, Raj SR, Clin Auton Res 2021 Jun 31 3 433-441
- Usefulness of Blood Pressure Variability Indices Derived From 24-Hour Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring in Detecting Autonomic Failure.
- Lodhi HA, Peri-Okonny PA, Schesing K, Phelps K, Ngo C, Evans H, Arbique D, Price AL, Vernino S, Phillips L, Mitchell JH, Smith SA, Yano Y, Das SR, Wang T, Vongpatanasin W, J Am Heart Assoc 2019 Apr 8 7 e010161
- Spinal nerve tolerance to single-session stereotactic ablative radiotherapy (SAbR).
- Hrycushko B, van der Kogel AJ, Phillips L, Folkert M, Sayre JW, Vernino S, Hassan-Rezaeian N, Foster RD, Yamada Y, Timmerman R, Medin PM, Int. J. Radiat. Oncol. Biol. Phys. 2019 Apr
- Skeletal Muscle Channelopathies.
- Phillips L, Trivedi JR Neurotherapeutics 2018 Oct
- Impaired glycogen breakdown and synthesis in phosphoglucomutase 1 deficiency.
- Preisler N, Cohen J, Vissing CR, Madsen KL, Heinicke K, Sharp LJ, Phillips L, Romain N, Park SY, Newby M, Wyrick P, Mancias P, Galbo H, Vissing J, Haller RG Mol. Genet. Metab. 2017 Aug
- MR imaging of skeletal muscle signal alterations: Systematic approach to evaluation.
- Kumar Y, Wadhwa V, Phillips L, Pezeshk P, Chhabra A Eur J Radiol 2016 May 85 5 922-35
- Hereditary and Acquired Polyneuropathy Conditions of the Peripheral Nerves: Clinical Considerations and MR Neurography Imaging.
- Trivedi JR, Phillips L, Chhabra A Semin Musculoskelet Radiol 2015 Apr 19 2 130-6
Honors & Awards
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
Elected by UT Southwestern Medical School Class of 2020 (2019)
- Hal Unwin Clinical Excellence Award
For clinical excellence in patient care, publications, and presentations at national meetings; UT Southwestern (2012)
- Steve Damm Memorial Award
For excellence in patient management, clinical care, compassion, and advocacy for patients and their families; UT Southwestern (2012)
- Chief Resident
UT Southwestern Neurology Residency Program (2011-2012)
- American Association of Neuromuscular & Electrodiagnostic Medicine (2015-2018)
- American Autonomic Society (2014)
- American Academy of Neurology (2009)