- Medical School
- Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine (2001)
- Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine (2002), General Surgery
- Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine (2006), Otolaryngology
- Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine (2007), Head & Neck Oncologic Surgery
- Machine Learning
- Model to Predict Cause-Specific Mortality in Patients with Head and Neck Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma: A Competing Risk Analysis.
- Imanguli M, Sumer BD Ann. Surg. Oncol. 2017 May
- Phantom-to-clinic development of hypofractionated stereotactic body radiotherapy for early-stage glottic laryngeal cancer.
- Ding C, Chun SG, Sumer BD, Nedzi LA, Abdulrahman RE, Yordy JS, Lee P, Hrycushko B, Solberg TD, Ahn C, Timmerman RD, Schwartz DL Med Dosim 2017 Apr
- SBRT for early-stage glottic larynx cancer-Initial clinical outcomes from a phase I clinical trial.
- Schwartz DL, Sosa A, Chun SG, Ding C, Xie XJ, Nedzi LA, Timmerman RD, Sumer BD PLoS ONE 2017 12 3 e0172055
- Erratum: Molecular basis of cooperativity in pH-triggered supramolecular self-assembly.
- Li Y, Zhao T, Wang C, Lin Z, Huang G, Sumer BD, Gao J Nat Commun 2016 Dec 7 13777
- A Phase I/II Study of Nab-Paclitaxel, Cisplatin, and Cetuximab With Concurrent Radiation Therapy for Locally Advanced Squamous Cell Cancer of the Head and Neck.
- Chun SG, Hughes R, Sumer BD, Myers LL, Truelson JM, Khan SA, Ma TW, Xie Y, Yordy JS, Cooley S, Wu J, Choy H, Nedzi LA Cancer Invest. 2016 Nov 1-9
- Digitization of Endocytic pH by Hybrid Ultra-pH-Sensitive Nanoprobes at Single-Organelle Resolution.
- Wang Y, Wang C, Li Y, Huang G, Zhao T, Ma X, Wang Z, Sumer BD, White MA, Gao J Adv. Mater. Weinheim 2016 Nov
- Non-covalent interactions in controlling pH-responsive behaviors of self-assembled nanosystems.
- Li Y, Wang Z, Wei Q, Luo M, Huang G, Sumer BD, Gao J Polym Chem 2016 Oct 7 38 5949-5956
- Molecular basis of cooperativity in pH-triggered supramolecular self-assembly.
- Li Y, Zhao T, Wang C, Lin Z, Huang G, Sumer BD, Gao J Nat Commun 2016 Oct 7 13214
- Patterns of Care and Comparative Effectiveness of Intensified Adjuvant Therapy for Resected Oropharyngeal Squamous Cell Carcinoma in the Human Papillomavirus Era.
- Sher DJ, Nedzi L, Khan S, Hughes R, Sumer BD, Myers LL, Truelson JM, Koshy M JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2016 Jun
- NQO1-mediated tumor-selective lethality and radiosensitization for head and neck cancer.
- Li LS, Reddy S, Lin ZH, Liu S, Park H, Chun SG, Bornmann WG, Thibodeaux J, Yan J, Chakrabarti G, Xie XJ, Sumer BD, Boothman DA, Yordy JS Mol. Cancer Ther. 2016 Apr
Clinical Applications of Heme Biosynthetic Pathway: Photodynamic Therapy with Protoporphyrin IX. In Heme Biology: The Secret Life of Heme in Regulating Diverse Biological Processes
Ding H, Sumer BD, Gao J (2011).
Theranostic Polymeric Micelles for Cancer Imaging and Therapy,. In Multifunctional Nanoparticles for Drug Delivery Applications
Huang G, Khemtong C, Bey EA, Boothman DA, Sumer BD, Gao J. (257-276 (2012).). Svenson S, Prod?homme R.K. Springer Science & Business Media, Inc
Goebel JA, Sumer BD (2006). New York, Theme Publishers
Oral Cavity Cancer. In Decision-Making in Plastic Surgery
Sumer BD, Myers LL (2010). Quality Medical Publishing
Honors & Awards
- D-Magazine Best Doctors
- Winner Lloyd Storrs Resident Award (Mentor)
- Alan MacDiarmid Interdisciplinary Research- Society for Experimental Biology and Medicine
- Triological Society Francis Lederer
FUSION Grant for Nanotechnology Research (2011)
- American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
Research Award (2008)
- Texas Instruments Corporate Award
Research Grant (2008)
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Department of Clinical Sciences
Research Grant (2008)
- American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery
- American Association for Cancer Research
- American College of Surgeons
- American Head and Neck Society
- Texas Medical Association