Fang Yu, M.D.
Department Radiology | Advanced Imaging Research Center
Graduate Programs Biomedical Engineering
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Fang "Frank" Yu, M.D., is an Assistant Professor of Radiology at UT Southwestern Medical Center, and a member of its Neuroradiology Division.
Dr. Yu holds a bachelor's degree in biomedical engineering from Duke University in Durham, North Carolina. He earned his medical degree at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, and completed his radiology residency at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. He then received advanced training through a fellowship program in clinical and research neuroradiology at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.
Dr. Yu's research interests include the development and application of advanced magnetic resonance-based imaging techniques to evaluate neurological disorders, with a focus in demyelinating and neurodegenerative diseases. This has led to multiple peer-reviewed publications, abstracts, book chapters, and grants. Dr. Yu has been invited to present his work at conferences throughout the United States and internationally.
At UT Southwestern, Dr. Yu serves on the Neuroradiology Magnetic Resonance Quality Control Committee, the Neuroradiology Fellowship Program Selection Committee, the Radiology Department’s Research Day Abstract Review Committee, and the Advanced Imaging Research Center’s Protocol Review Committee.
He is an active member of several professional societies, including the Radiological Society of North America, the International Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, the American Society of Neuroradiology, which he serves as a member of its Research Committee, and the American Society of Functional Neuroradiology, which he also serves as a member of its Research Committee.
An avowed "foodie," Dr. Yu also enjoys spending time with his daughters, travel, and basketball.
- Medical School
- Washington University School of Medicine (2011)
- University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (2012)
- The University of Texas Medical Branch (2016), Diagnostic Radiology
- Massachusetts General Hospital (2018), Neuroradiology
Honors & Awards
- Texas Alzheimer's Research and Care Consortium Junior Investigator Grant
UT Southwestern (2020)
- Norman E. Leeds Award for Best Scientific Presentation
Eastern Neuroradiological Society (2017)
- Ralph Schlaeger Research Fellowship
Massachusetts General Hospital (2016)
- Chief Radiology Resident
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (2015)
- Research Resident Grant
Radiological Society of North America (2015)
- Julio C. Palmaz Endowment for Excellence in Radiology Research Pilot Grant
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (2014)
- Roentgen Resident/Fellow Research Award
Radiological Society of North America (2014)
- Certificate of Merit for Educational Exhibit
Radiological Society of North America (2010)
- American Society of Functional Neuroradiology
- American Society of Head & Neck Radiology
- American Society of Neuroradiology
- International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine
- Radiological Society of North America