Dr. Yu holds a bachelor's degree in biomedical engineering from Duke University in Durham, North Carolina. He earned his medical degree at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, and completed his radiology residency at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. He then received advanced training through a fellowship program in clinical and research neuroradiology at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.
Dr. Yu's research interests include using imaging to evaluate multiple sclerosis, brain lesions, and Parkinson's disease. This has led to more than 15 publications in peer-reviewed journals. Dr. Yu has been invited to present his findings at conferences throughout the United States and in Canada.
An avowed "foodie," Dr. Yu also enjoys travel and basketball.
- Medical School
- Washington University School of Medicine (2011)
- University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (2012)
- The University of Texas Medical Branch (2016), Diagnostic Radiology
- Massachusetts General Hospital (2018), Neuroradiology
Honors & Awards
- Norman E. Leeds Award for Best Scientific Presentation
Eastern Neuroradiological Society (2017)
- Ralph Schlaeger Research Fellowship
Massachusetts General Hospital (2016)
- Chief Radiology Resident
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (2015)
- Research Resident Grant
Radiological Society of North America (2015)
- Julio C. Palmaz Endowment for Excellence in Radiology Research Pilot Grant
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (2014)
- Roentgen Resident/Fellow Research Award
Radiological Society of North America (2014)
- Certificate of Merit for Educational Exhibit
Radiological Society of North America (2010)