Dr. Cynthia Wang, a Child Neurologist in the departments of Pediatrics and Neurology & Neurotherapeutics at UT Southwestern focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of children with neuroimmunological disorders of the central nervous system. She is experienced in caring for patients with Acute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis (ADEM), Multiple Sclerosis, Neuromyelitis Optica Spectrum Disorder, and anti-NMDAR Encephalitis. Her clinical research interests include improving the diagnosis and treatment of antibody-negative autoimmune encephalitis and studying the long-term neuropsychological outcomes in children with autoimmune brain disorders.
Dr. Wang received her medical degree from UT Southwestern Medical School. She completed a residency in pediatric neurology at University of Michigan Health System and a fellowship in Rare Neuroimmunological Disorders at UT Southwestern. Dr. Wang is board certified in neurology with special qualification in child neurology.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2011)
- University of Michigan Health System (2013), Pediatrics
- University of Michigan Health System (2016), Child Neurology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2018), Autoimmune Neurology
- Acute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis
- Autoimmune Encephalitis
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Neuromyelitis Optica Spectrum Disorder
- Unique characteristics of optical coherence tomography (OCT) results and visual acuity testing in myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein (MOG) antibody positive pediatric patients.
- Narayan RN, McCreary M, Conger D, Wang C, Greenberg BM Mult Scler Relat Disord 2018 Dec 28 86-90
- Atypical Anti-MOG syndrome with aseptic meningoencephalitis and pseudotumor cerebri-like presentations.
- Narayan RN, Wang C, Sguigna P, Husari K, Greenberg B Mult Scler Relat Disord 2018 Oct 27 30-33
- Anti-Myelin Oligodendrocyte Glycoprotein Antibody Associated With Gray Matter Predominant Transverse Myelitis Mimicking Acute Flaccid Myelitis: A Presentation of Two Cases.
- Wang C, Narayan R, Greenberg B Pediatr. Neurol. 2018 Jul
- Assessment and Treatment Strategies for a Multiple Sclerosis Relapse.
- Wang C, Ruiz A, Mao-Draayer Y J Immunol Clin Res 2018 5 1
- Interleukin-6 Receptor: A Novel Therapeutic Target for Neuromyelitis Optica
- Wang C, Wolf S, Khan M, Mao-Draayer Y. Brain Disorders and Therapy 2015 4:3
Transverse Myelitis. In The 5-Minute Pediatric Consult (8th Edition)
Greenberg B, Wang C (2019). Wolters Kluwer
Honors & Awards
- James T. Lubin Fellow in Rare Neuroimmunological Diseases
Transverse Myelitis Association (2016-2018)
- Summer Medical Student Research Grant
UT Southwestern (2008)
- Undergraduate Research Programs Grant
Stanford University (2006)
- Psi Chi Psychology Honors Society
- American Academy of Neurology
- Child Neurology Society