Alheli Garza, M.D. , is an Assistant Professor of Radiology at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of its Breast Imaging Division. Her clinical interests include mammography, breast ultrasound, breast magnetic resonance imaging, and image-guided procedures.
Dr. Garza earned a bachelor's degree in chemistry from Southwestern University in Georgetown, Texas, where she graduated magna cum laude. She received her medical degree from UT Southwestern, and completed her radiology residency training at the University of Texas Health Science Center in Houston. She then obtained advanced training through a breast imaging fellowship program at the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Prior to joining the UT Southwestern faculty in 2020, Dr. Garza worked in private practice, focusing on breast and body imaging and participating in breast and liver multidisciplinary conferences and tumor boards.
Dr. Garza is also a member of several national and international professional societies, including the Radiological Society of North America, Society of Breast Imaging, American College of Radiology, American Roentgen Ray Society, and the Texas Radiological Society.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2011)
- Banner University Medical Center Phoenix (2012), Internal Medicine
- UT Health Science Center at Houston (2016), Diagnostic Radiology
- Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science, Arizona (2017), Breast Imaging
- American College of Radiology
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- Radiological Society of North America
- Society of Breast Imaging
- Texas Radiological Society