Dr. Wingfield attended medical school at UT Southwestern and completed her Internal Medicine Residency and Geriatrics Fellowship at Duke University Medical Center. Her clinical interests include care of the hospitalized elder, geriatric primary care and perioperative care of older adults. She has a passion for medical education and quality improvement. Outside of medicine, Dr. Wingfield enjoys reading, spending time with her family and playing with her 2 Labrador retrievers.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2011)
- Duke University Medical Center (2014), Internal Medicine
- Duke University Medical Center (2016), Geriatric Medicine
- New Models of Care
- Perioperative Care of Older Adults
- Cancer Screening in Older Adults.
- Wingfield SA, Heflin MT Clin. Geriatr. Med. 2016 Feb 32 1 17-33
Honors & Awards
- Hemphill-Gojer Award in Internal Medicine
UT Southwestern (2011)
- Alpha Omega Alpha
Medical Honor Society (2010)
- American Geriatric Society (2016)