Dr. Chul Ahn obtained his MS degree in Operations Research from Georgia Institute of Technology in 1982, and MS and PhD degrees in Statistics from Carnegie Mellon University in 1986. He previously worked as a faculty at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, City of Hope National Medical Center and the University of Texas Medical School at Houston.
Dr. Ahn is a Professor at the School of Public Health, and Director of Biostatistics Shared Resource at the Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center. He has more than 500 peer-reviewed publications, including many methodological papers addressing the design and analysis of clinical trials and the evaluation of correlated outcomes such as repeated measurements and clustered outcomes.
Dr. Ahn has been a member of numerous Data and Safety Monitoring Committees and served on numerous study sections and grant review panels of the NIH, CDC, DoD, NSF, PCORI, and Susan Komen. He worked as a PI of the Biostatistics and Data Management Core of the NIH-funded SCCOR, SPORE, and multi-center studies. He servced as an external advisory committee member for NIH Center grants.
- Seoul National University - Ko (1979), Engineering
- Graduate School
- Carnegie Mellon University (1983), Statistics
- Graduate School
- Carnegie Mellon University (1986), Statistics
- Collaborative studies
- Design and analysis of clinical trials
- Epidemiologic studies
- Pragmatic trials
- Repeated measurement and clustered data
- Effect of correlation and missing data on sample size estimation in longitudinal clinical trials
- Zhang S, Ahn C. Pharmaceutical Statistics in press
- A flexible sample size solution for longitudinal and crossover cluster randomized trials with continuous outcomes.
- Wang J, Cao J, Zhang S, Ahn C, Contemp Clin Trials 2021 Aug 106543
- Sample size considerations for matched-pair cluster randomization design with incomplete observations of binary outcomes.
- Xu X, Zhu H, Hoang AQ, Ahn C, Stat Med 2021 Jul
- Sample size determination for stepped wedge cluster randomized trials in pragmatic settings.
- Wang J, Cao J, Zhang S, Ahn C, Stat Methods Med Res 2021 Jun 9622802211022392
- Sample size considerations for matched-pair cluster randomization design with incomplete observations of continuous outcomes.
- Xu X, Zhu H, Ahn C, Contemp Clin Trials 2021 May 104 106336
- Sample Size Calculation for Count Outcomes in Cluster Randomization Trials with Varying Cluster Sizes.
- Wang J, Zhang S, Ahn C, Commun Stat Theory Methods 2020 49 1 116-124
- Sample size considerations for stratified cluster randomization design with binary outcomes and varying cluster size.
- Xu X, Zhu H, Ahn C, Stat Med 2019 Apr
- Sample size considerations for paired experimental design with incomplete observations of continuous outcomes.
- Zhu H, Xu X, Ahn C Stat Methods Med Res 2017 Jan 962280217731595
- Sample Size Estimation for Comparing Rates of Change in K-group Repeated Count Outcomes.
- Lou Y, Cao J, Ahn C, Commun Stat Theory Methods 2017 46 22 11204-11213
- Inference and sample size calculation for clinical trials with incomplete observations of paired binary outcomes.
- Zhang S, Cao J, Ahn C Stat Med 2016 Nov
Sample size calculations for clustered and longitudinal outcomes in clinical research
Ahn C, Heo M, Zhang S. (2014). Chapman & Hall
Honors & Awards
- Fellow of the American Statistical Association (ASA)