Dr. Hamao-Sakamoto is an Assistant Professor in the Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, having joined the faculty at The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in 2007. She came from Meikai University School of Dentistry in Japan where she went to dental school, trained in oral and maxillofacial surgery, and completed a doctorate in Dentistry. Dr. Hamao-Sakamoto’s clinical interests are in dento-alveolar surgeries, maxillofacial patholoy, and dentofacial deformities. Her research interest is histopathological character of oral and maxillofacial disease.
- Dental School
- Meikai University School of Dentistry (1996)
- Meikai University School of Dentistry (1997), General Dentistry
- Meikai University School of Dentistry (2002), Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Graduate School
- Meikai University School of Dentistry (2003)
- Meikai University School of Dentistry (2004), Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Oral and Maxiollofacial Pathology
- Cystic Lesion in Presenting Head and Neck Infection
- Hamao-Sakamoto, A., & Finn, R. Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Medicine, and Pathology 2015 27 6 791-795
- Comparing early and late reconstruction of gunshot injuries to the upper and lower face
- M.A.. Medel, A. Hamao-Sakamoto & J. Zuniga Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 2014 72 9 e228-e229
- A Case of Oral Plasmablastic Lymphoma and Review of Current Trends in Oral Manifestations Associated With Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection
- N.A. Mendel & A. Hamao-Sakamoto Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 2014 72 9 1729-1735
- Expression of cancer-related gene product in squamous cell carcinoma and epithelial dysplasia of the oral cavity
- Hamao A. Meikai Univ Dent J. 2004 33 36-49
- Clinical evaluation of reconstructive procedure with microvascular free tissure transfer for oral and maxillofacial defect.
- Hamao A., Kagaya M., Shigematsu H., Suzuki S., Fukuda M., Magoshi S., Aiura Y., Yokozuka Y., Ino T., Ichioka., Nakatsuka S., T and Sakashita H Meikai Univ Dent J 2005 34 1-9
- Expression of RCAS1 and its function in human squamous cell carcinoma of the oral cavity
- Fukuda M., Tanaka A., Hamao A., Suzuki S., Kusama K. and Sakashita H. Oncology Reports 2004 12 259-267
- A case of follicular-type acinic cell carcinoma arising in the buccal mucosa-Histopathological and immnohistochemical studies-.
- Hamao A., Okada M., Fukuda M., Suzuki S., Kusama K. and Sakashita H Jpn J Oral Maxillofac Surg 2003 49 578-581
- A case of extensive erythroplakia in the oral mucosa.
- Hamao A., Fukuda M., Tanaka A., Kitada M., Shigemastu H., Suzuki S, Kusama K. and Sakashita Oral Med Pathol. 2002 7 47-51
- Imunohistochemical studies of oral squamouscell carcinoma using of anti-humanpapilloma virus antibody.
- Hamao A., Fukuda M., Tanaka A., Kitada M., Suzuki S., Kusama K., Yamamoto Y.and Sakashita H. Jpn J Oral Diag/Oral Med 2002 15 8-12
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (2018)
- Asian Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Japanese Cancer Association
- Japanese Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons