Dr. Jodie Kathlene Trello-Rishel is a board-certified psychiatrist and child psychiatrist in the Department of Psychiatry at UT Southwestern. She is the Director of the Child and Adolescent Fellowship Training Program.
- Medical School
- Southern Illinois University (1992)
- Baylor College of Medicine (1993), Psychiatry
- Baylor College of Medicine (1995), Psychiatry
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1997), Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Other Post Graduate Training
- UTSouthwestern Medical Center (1997)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Using a Grading Rubric to Address Grading Discrepancies Across Training Sites in the Psychiatry Clerkship.
- Thomas LA, Trello-Rishel JK Acad Psychiatry 2016 Oct
- Manikin-Based Simulation: an Update to the Clerkship Experience.
- Baker SE, Escamilla K, Jacobs M, Sherhart R, Trello-Rishel K, Fuehrlein B, Acad Psychiatry 2021 May
- Optimizing the Impact of Academic Psychiatry Conferences.
- Schatte D, Russo R, Trello-Rishel K, Acad Psychiatry 2020 Apr 44 2 250-251
- Downstream Effects of Grade Policy Changes.
- Russo RA, Schatte D, Trello-Rishel JK, Acad Psychiatry 2019 Sep
- Creating a Common Curriculum for the DSM-5: Lessons in Collaboration.
- Levine RE, Kelly PA, Carchedi L, Schatte D, Talley B, Pershern L, Trello-Rishel K, Wolf D, Ownby AR, Haidet P, Roman B, Penaskovic K, Hsieh P, Acad Psychiatry 2016 Jun 40 3 534-9
- Predictors of treatment response in adolescents with comorbid substance use disorder and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder.
- Tamm L, Trello-Rishel K, Riggs P, Nakonezny PA, Acosta M, Bailey G, Winhusen T J Subst Abuse Treat 2013 Feb 44 2 224-30
- Major depression and treatment response in adolescents with ADHD and substance use disorder.
- Warden D, Riggs PD, Min SJ, Mikulich-Gilbertson SK, Tamm L, Trello-Rishel K, Winhusen T Drug Alcohol Depend 2012 Jan 120 1-3 214-9
- Randomized controlled trial of osmotic-release methylphenidate with cognitive-behavioral therapy in adolescents with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and substance use disorders.
- Riggs PD, Winhusen T, Davies RD, Leimberger JD, Mikulich-Gilbertson S, Klein C, Macdonald M, Lohman M, Bailey GL, Haynes L, Jaffee WB, Haminton N, Hodgkins C, Whitmore E, Trello-Rishel K, Tamm L, Acosta MC, Royer-Malvestuto C, Subramaniam G, Fishman M, Holmes BW, Kaye ME, Vargo MA, Woody GE, Nunes EV, Liu D, J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 2011 Sep 50 9 903-14
Honors & Awards
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
(Faculty Member Nominee from UT Southwestern Gamma Chapter) (2020)
- Distinguished Teaching Professor, UT Southwestern Academy of Teachers
- Outstanding Clinical Educator, UT Southwestern Academy of Teachers
- Association of Directors of Medical Student Education in Psychiatry Scholarly Publication Award
- American Psychiatric Association Nancy Roeske Award for Excellence in Medical Student Education
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Association of Directors of Medical Student Education in Psychiatry
- Texas Society of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry