Dr. Reina Patel received her B.S. from Houston Baptist University in Biology and Spanish and her D.O. from University of North Texas: Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine. She completed her pediatric residency training at University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston. She joined the faculty at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center of Dallas in 2007 in the Department of Pediatrics as a Pediatric Hospitalist. She is a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics and Texas Pediatric Society. Her academic interests include family centered rounds and asthma.
- Graduate School
- University of North Texas Heal (2003)
- Family Centered Rounds
- Kikuchi-Fujimoto Disease: A 15-Year Analysis at a Children's Hospital in the United States.
- Lee BC, Patel R Clinical pediatrics 2012 Feb
- Ten-year-old girl with a worsening dry cough
- Thankavel B, Vandiver K, Patel R Contemporary Pediatrics 2011 May 28 5 48-53
- Intussusception: A Rare Complication of Hereditary Angioedema
- Patel R 2011 Apr 6 Supplement 2
- Index of suspicion.
- Liu H, Patel R, Lee B, Pernica JM, Goldfarb D, Harrison ME Pediatr Rev 2009 May 30 5 175-80
Honors & Awards
- Best Pediatricians
D Magazine (2014)
- Rose Award
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (2006)
- Society of Hospital Medicine (2008)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (2003)