Henning Drechsler, M.D., is an Associate Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center, and a member of the Division of Infectious Diseases and Geographic Medicine.
Originally from Frankfurt, Germany, Dr. Drechsler earned his medical degree at the University of Basel in Basel, Switzerland, and completed internal medicine residency training at Emory University in Atlanta. He then completed advanced training through an infectious diseases fellowship at Washington University in St. Louis.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in infectious diseases, Dr. Drechsler joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2006. He is currently a staff physician in infectious diseases at Dallas VA Medical Center.
Dr. Drechsler's research interests include HIV, infectious diseases, and antiretroviral therapies. His findings have resulted in 21 publications in peer-reviewed journals, three book chapters, and two case reports.
Dr. Drechsler is a member of several professional societies, including the American College of Physicians, the Infectious Diseases Society of America, and the International AIDS Society. He is also an Ad Hoc Reviewer for several low-impact factor HIV and infectious disease related journals.
- Medical School
- University of Basel (1990)
- APOBEC3F and APOBEC3G mRNA levels do not correlate with HIV-1 plasma viremia or CD4+ T-cell count.
- Cho SJ, Drechsler H, Burke RJ et al. Journal of Virology 2006 80 2069-2072
- Switching effective antiretroviral therapy: a review.
- Drechsler, H. and Powderly W.G Clinical Infectious Diseases 2002 35 1219-1230
- Adaptation of antiretroviral therapy in HIV infection with central nervous system involvement.
- Mehling M, Drechsler H, et al. Journal of Neurovirology
- Prevalence and Significance of G6PD Deficiency in patients of an Urban HIV Clinic
- Tungsiripat M, Drechsler H. et al Journal of the International Association of Physiciansin AIDS Care
- Discontinutation of Antiretroviral Therapy Postpartum: No Evidence for Altered Viral Set Point.
- Tungsiripat M, Drechsler H, Aberg JA Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes 2007 44 116-117
- American College of Physicians
- Infectious Diseases Society of America
- International AIDS Society