Kirsten Tulchin is a clinical instructor for the Prosthetics-Orthotics Program. She also is the director and senior bioengineer in the Movement Science Laboratory at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children. She is a member of the Gait and Clinical Movement Analysis Society, the American Society of Biomechanics and the International Foot and Ankle Biomechanics Community. Her research interests include foot and ankle biomechanics and functional outcomes in hip pathology, lower limb deficiencies and scoliosis
- Graduate School
- Marquette University (2001), Biomedical Engineering
- Graduate School
- Texas Woman's University (2012), Biomedical Engineering
- Biomechanical and functional evaluation in pediatric patients with hip pathology
- Community ambulation using wearable sensors
- Dynamic spinal mobility in adolescents with idiopathic scoliosis
- Evaluation of human performance in healthy children and adults
- Foot and ankle biomechanics and the relationship between foot structure, motion and plantar pressures
- Functional outcomes and performance in children with lower limb deficiency
- Intensity and duration of intermittent exercise and recovery during a soccer match.
- Orendurff MS, Walker JD, Jovanovic M, Tulchin KL, Levy M, Hoffmann DK J Strength Cond Res 2010 Oct 24 10 2683-92
- The effects of surface slope on multi-segment foot kinematics in healthy adults.
- Tulchin K, Orendurff M, Karol L Gait Posture 2010 Oct 32 4 446-50
- Gait, hip strength and functional outcomes after a Ganz periacetabular osteotomy for adolescent hip dysplasia.
- Sucato DJ, Tulchin K, Shrader MW, DeLaRocha A, Gist T, Sheu G J Pediatr Orthop 2010 Jun 30 4 344-50
- A comparison of multi-segment foot kinematics during level overground and treadmill walking.
- Tulchin K, Orendurff M, Karol L Gait Posture 2010 Jan 31 1 104-8
- Multi-Dimensional Motion of the TALUX Foot System in a Bilateral Below-Knee Amputee
- Tulchin K, Cummings D Journal of Prosthetics and Orthotics 2010 1 22 53-55
- The effects of walking speed on multisegment foot kinematics in adults.
- Tulchin K, Orendurff M, Adolfsen S, Karol L J Appl Biomech 2009 Nov 25 4 377-86
- Effect of sample size and reduced number of principle components on the Gillette Gait Index.
- Tulchin K, Campbell S, Browne R, Orendurff M Gait Posture 2009 Jun 29 4 526-9
Honors & Awards
- TWU Outstanding Graduate Student Award
- TWU Chancellor's Student Research Scholar
- POSNA Best Clinical Paper
- GCMAS Best Poster Award
- International Society of Biomechanics (2011)
- American Society of Biomechancis (2010)
- Gait and Clinical Movement Analysis Society (1998)