- University of Texas-Austin (1972), Pharmacy
- Graduate School
- University of Texas-Austin (1975), Pharmacology
- Graduate School
- Vanderbilt University (1981), Pharmacology
- Right now, in the right way: U. S. Food and Drug Administration's expanded access program and patient rights.
- Holbein MEB, Weatherwax KJ, Gravelin M, Hutchinson R, Mashour GA J Clin Transl Sci 2018 Jun 2 3 115-117
- Access to Investigational Drugs: FDA Expanded Access Programs or "Right-to-Try" Legislation?
- Holbein ME, Berglund JP, Weatherwax K, Gerber DE, Adamo JE. Clin Transl Sci 2015 Epub ahead of print
- Recommendations From the Investigational New Drug/Investigational Device Exemption Task Force of the Clinical and Translational Science Award Consortium: Developing and Implementing a Sponsor-Investigators Training Program.
- Holbein ME, Berglund JP, O'Reilly EK, Hartman K, Speicher LA, Adamo JE, O'Riordan G, Brown JS, Schuff KG J. Investig. Med. 2014 Jun 62 5 797-803
- Warning letters to sponsor-investigators at academic health centres - the regulatory "canaries in a coal mine"
- O'Reilly EK, Blair Holbein ME, Berglund JP, Parrish AB, Roth MT, Burnett BK. Clin Invest Med 2013 36 6 E290-6
- Understanding food and drug administration regulatory requirements for an investigational device exemption for sponsor-investigators.
- Holbein ME, Berglund JP J. Investig. Med. 2012 Oct 60 7 987-94
- Understanding FDA regulatory requirements for investigational new drug applications for sponsor-investigators.
- Holbein ME J. Investig. Med. 2009 Aug 57 6 688-94
- Tumor-specific targeting by Bavituximab, a phosphatidylserine-targeting monoclonal antibody with vascular targeting and immune modulating properties, in lung cancer xenografts.
- Gerber DE, Hao G, Watkins L, Stafford JH, Anderson J, Holbein B, Öz OK, Mathews D, Thorpe PE, Hassan G, Kumar A, Brekken RA, Sun X Am J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 2015 5 5 493-503
- Exercise-associated collapse in cyclists is unrelated to endotoxemia.
- Moore GE, Holbein ME, Knochel JP Med Sci Sports Exerc 1995 Sep 27 9 1238-42
- Cost-effectiveness of monoclonal antibodies to gram-negative endotoxin in the treatment of gram-negative sepsis in ICU patients.
- Chalfin DB, Holbein ME, Fein AM, Carlon GC JAMA 1993 Jan 269 2 249-54
- Comparison of markers used in the assessment of glomerular filtration rate (GFR)
- Holbein ME, Griener J, Knochel JP Am. J. Kidney Dis. 1991 Jun 17 6 724
- American Board of Clinical Pharmacology