Dr. Nelson's clinical responsibilities are in the Parkland Health and Hospital System where he is the Chief of Obstetrics. Board certified in obstetrics and gynecology as well as in the subspecialty of maternal-fetal medicine, Dr. Nelson is a contributing author of the textbook Williams Obstetrics.
A 2007 graduate of the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Dr. Nelson completed his obstetrics and gynecology residency at the Parkland Health and Hospital System and the UT Southwestern Medical Center in 2011 and a fellowship in maternal-fetal medicine (MFM) at UT Southwestern in 2014. He joined the faculty of the Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology in 2014. In 2015, he became the Medical Director for the Parkland Prenatal Clinic System of Women's and Infants' Services.
- Medical School
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (2007)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2011), Obstetrics & Gynecology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2014), Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Subsequent Pregnancy Outcomes in Women Previously Diagnosed with Subclinical Hypothyroidism.
- Nelson DB, Casey BM, McIntire DD, Cunningham FG Am J Perinatol 2013 Mar
- Hyperammonemia: a report of maternal biliary cirrhosis and neonatal outcome.
- Hussamy DJ, Nelson DB, Shivvers SA Case Rep Crit Care 2013 2013 507169
- Ultrasound in pregnancy after endometrial ablation.
- Holt R, Santiago-Muñoz P, Nelson DB, Twickler D J Clin Ultrasound 2012 Aug
- Neurofibromatosis and pregnancy: a report of maternal cardiopulmonary compromise.
- Nelson DB, Greer L, Wendel G Obstet Gynecol 2010 Aug 116 Suppl 2 507-9
- Primary iliopsoas abscess and pregnancy.
- Nelson DB, Manders DB, Shivvers SA Obstet Gynecol 2010 Aug 116 Suppl 2 479-82
Honors & Awards
- Outstanding Faculty Teacher - Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Dedman Family Scholar in Clinical Care
- Excellence in Gynecologic Surgery Award, UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Excellence in Obstetrics Award - UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Peggy J. Whalley Medicus Award, UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Academic Excellence Award, Highest CREOG Score, Third-year Resident, UT Southwestern
- Member of Alpha Omega Alpha