Dr. Bruce J. Schlomer received his medical degree from Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis. He completed his urological surgery residency at University of Texas Southwestern in Dallas, TX and his fellowship training in pediatric urology at University of California San Francisco.
Dr. Schlomer is an Associate Professor in the Department of Urology at University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center. He is interested in the management and reconstructive surgery for genitourinary conditions such as undescended testis, congenital penile anomalies such as hypospadias, prenatal hydronephrosis, vesicoureteral reflux, ureteropelvic junction obstruction, urinary tract infections, neurogenic bladder, and pediatric kidney stone disease. He also has extensive training and interest in minimally invasive surgeries including robotic assisted surgeries such as robotic assisted laparoscopic pyeloplasty.
Dr. Schlomer, his wife, and two daughters live in Dallas
- Medical School
- Washington University School of Medicine (2006)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2007), Urology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2011), Urology
- University of California San Francisco (2013), Pediatric Urology
- Pathological features of renal neoplasms classified by size and symptomatology.
- Schlomer B, Figenshau RS, Yan Y, Venkatesh R, Bhayani SB J. Urol. 2006 Oct 176 4 Pt 1 1317-20; discussion 1320
- How does the radiographic size of a renal mass compare with the pathologic size?
- Schlomer B, Figenshau RS, Yan Y, Bhayani SB Urology 2006 Aug 68 2 292-5
Honors & Awards
- "Super Doctor 2016 Texas Rising Star"
Texas Monthly Magazine (2016)
- Provider of the Month Outpatient Clinics-July
Children's Health Dallas (2015)
- South Central Section of American Urological Association (2014)
- Society for Pediatric Urology (2011)
- American Urologic Association (2007)