Dr. Bruce J. Schlomer received his medical degree from Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis. He completed his urological surgery residency at University of Texas Southwestern in Dallas, TX and his fellowship training in pediatric urology at University of California San Francisco.
Dr. Schlomer is an Associate Professor in the Department of Urology at University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center. He is interested in the management and reconstructive surgery for genitourinary conditions such as undescended testis, congenital penile anomalies such as hypospadias, prenatal hydronephrosis, vesicoureteral reflux, ureteropelvic junction obstruction, urinary tract infections, neurogenic bladder, and pediatric kidney stone disease. He also has extensive training and interest in minimally invasive surgeries including robotic assisted surgeries such as robotic assisted laparoscopic pyeloplasty.
Dr. Schlomer, his wife, and two daughters live in Dallas
- Medical School
- Washington University School of Medicine (2006)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2007), Urology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2011), Urology
- University of California San Francisco (2013), Pediatric Urology
- The incidence of erectile dysfunction after pelvic fracture urethral injury: A systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Blaschko SD, Sanford MT, Schlomer BJ, Alwaal A, Yang G, Villalta JD, Wessells H, McAninch JW, Breyer BN Arab J Urol 2015 Mar 13 1 68-74
- Cumulative incidence of outcomes and urologic procedures after augmentation cystoplasty.
- Schlomer BJ, Copp HL J Pediatr Urol 2014 Apr
- Secondary data analysis of large data sets in urology: successes and errors to avoid.
- Schlomer BJ, Copp HL J. Urol. 2014 Mar 191 3 587-96
- Do adult men with untreated hypospadias have adverse outcomes? A pilot study using a social media advertised survey.
- Schlomer B, Breyer B, Copp H, Baskin L, Disandro M J Pediatr Urol 2014 Feb
- State of the art review in gonadal dysgenesis: challenges in diagnosis and management.
- McCann-Crosby B, Mansouri R, Dietrich JE, McCullough LB, Sutton VR, Austin EG, Schlomer B, Roth DR, Karaviti L, Gunn S, Hicks MJ, Macias CG Int J Pediatr Endocrinol 2014 2014 1 4
- Intrauterine growth restriction and hypospadias: is there a connection?
- Chen MJ, Macias CG, Gunn SK, Dietrich JE, Roth DR, Schlomer BJ, Karaviti LP Int J Pediatr Endocrinol 2014 2014 1 20
- Parental beliefs about nocturnal enuresis causes, treatments, and the need to seek professional medical care.
- Schlomer B, Rodriguez E, Weiss D, Copp H J Pediatr Urol 2013 Dec 9 6 Pt B 1043-8
- National trends in augmentation cystoplasty in the 2000s and factors associated with patient outcomes.
- Schlomer BJ, Saperston K, Baskin L J. Urol. 2013 Oct 190 4 1352-7
- Sexual differentiation in the male and female mouse from days 0 to 21: a detailed and novel morphometric description.
- Schlomer BJ, Feretti M, Rodriguez E, Blaschko S, Cunha G, Baskin L J. Urol. 2013 Oct 190 4 Suppl 1610-7
- Analysis of the effect of estrogen/androgen perturbation on penile development in transgenic and diethylstilbestrol-treated mice.
- Blaschko SD, Mahawong P, Ferretti M, Cunha TJ, Sinclair A, Wang H, Schlomer BJ, Risbridger G, Baskin LS, Cunha GR Anat Rec (Hoboken) 2013 Jul 296 7 1127-41
Honors & Awards
- "Super Doctor 2016 Texas Rising Star"
Texas Monthly Magazine (2016)
- Provider of the Month Outpatient Clinics-July
Children's Health Dallas (2015)
- South Central Section of American Urological Association (2014)
- Society for Pediatric Urology (2011)
- American Urologic Association (2007)