Dr. Bruce J. Schlomer received his medical degree from Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis. He completed his urological surgery residency at University of Texas Southwestern in Dallas, TX and his fellowship training in pediatric urology at University of California San Francisco.
Dr. Schlomer is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Urology at University of Texas Southwestern Medical School. He is interested in the management and reconstructive surgery for genitourinary conditions such as undescended testis, congenital penile anomalies such as hypospadias, prenatal hydronephrosis, vesicoureteral reflux, ureteropelvic junction obstruction, urinary tract infections, neurogenic bladder, and pediatric kidney stone disease. He also has extensive training and interest in minimally invasive surgeries including robotic assisted surgeries such as robotic assisted laparoscopic pyeloplasty.
Dr. Schlomer, his wife, and two daughters live in Dallas
- Medical School
- Washington University College of Medicine (2006)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2007), Urology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2011), Urology
- University of California San Francisco (2013), Pediatric Urology
- Trans-scrotal Near Infrared Spectroscopy as a Diagnostic Test for Testis Torsion in Pediatric Acute Scrotum: A Prospective Comparison to Gold Standard Diagnostic Test Study.
- Schlomer BJ, Keays MA, Grimsby GM, Granberg CF, DaJusta DG, Menon VS, Ostrov L, Sheth KR, Hill M, Sanchez EJ, Harrison CB, Jacobs MA, Huang R, Burgu B, Hennes H, Baker LA J. Urol. 2017 Apr
- Simple visual review of pre- to post-operative renal ultrasound images predicts pyeloplasty success equally as well as geometric measurements: A blinded comparison with a gold standard.
- Kern AJM, Schlomer BJ, Timberlake MD, Peters CA, Hammer MR, Jacobs MA J Pediatr Urol 2017 Apr
- Correction of Residual Ventral Penile Curvature After Division of the Urethral Plate in the First Stage of a 2-Stage Proximal Hypospadias Repair.
- Schlomer BJ Curr Urol Rep 2017 Feb 18 2 13
- Gross Hematuria in Infancy: A Case of Renal Hemangioma Managed Endoscopically.
- Schlomer BJ Urology 2016 Dec
- Barriers to transition in young adults with neurogenic bladder.
- Grimsby GM, Burgess R, Culver S, Schlomer BJ, Jacobs MA J Pediatr Urol 2016 May
- Which Way for Waterproofing?
- Schlomer BJ, Morey AF Eur. Urol. 2016 Mar
- Diagnosing Testicular Torsion before Urologic Consultation and Imaging: A Validation of the TWIST Score.
- Sheth KR, Keays M, Grimsby GM, Granberg CF, Menon VS, DaJusta DG, Ostrov L, Hill M, Sanchez E, Kuppermann D, Harrison CB, Jacobs MA, Huang R, Burgu B, Hennes H, Schlomer BJ, Baker LA J. Urol. 2016 Jan
- Perioperative and Short-Term Outcomes of Robotic vs Open Bladder Neck Procedures in Patients with Neurogenic Incontinence.
- Grimsby GM, Jacobs MA, Menon V, Schlomer BJ, Gargollo PC J. Urol. 2015 Nov
- Do adult men with untreated ventral penile curvature have adverse outcomes?
- Menon V, Breyer B, Copp HL, Baskin L, Disandro M, Schlomer BJ J Pediatr Urol 2015 Oct
- Long Term Outcomes of Bladder Neck Reconstruction without Augmentation Cystoplasty in Children.
- Grimsby GM, Menon V, Schlomer BJ, Baker LA, Adams R, Gargollo PC, Jacobs MA J. Urol. 2015 Jul
Honors & Awards
- "Super Doctor 2016 Texas Rising Star"
Texas Monthly Magazine (2016)
- Provider of the Month Outpatient Clinics-July
Children's Health Dallas (2015)
- South Central Section of American Urological Association (2014)
- Society for Pediatric Urology (2011)
- American Urologic Association (2007)