Elizabeth Hardin, M.D.
Department Internal Medicine
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Elizabeth Ashley Hardin, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of its Division of Cardiology. She practices at the University Hospital Heart and Lung Clinic, William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital, and Parkland Hospital.
Dr. Hardin holds dual undergraduate degrees in biology and genetics from Texas A&M University. She earned her medical degree at UT Southwestern Medical School, where she was a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society. She completed a residency in internal medicine at the University of California, San Francisco and received advanced training in cardiovascular disease through a fellowship at UT Southwestern, serving as Chief Cardiology Fellow. She completed an additional fellowship in advanced heart failure, transplant cardiology, and LVAD surgery, also at UT Southwestern.
Board certified in cardiovascular disease and by the American Board of Internal Medicine, Dr. Hardin joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2018 as a member of the advanced heart failure/transplant team and the pulmonary hypertension team.
She has delivered numerous regional and national presentations, and published several academic articles.
Dr. Hardin is a member of the American College of Cardiology, the International Society of Heart and Lung Transplant, and the Heart Failure Society of America, where she serves on the Annual Scientific Program Committee.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2010)
- University of California, San Francisco (2011), Internal Medicine
- University of California, San Francisco (2013), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2017), Cardiovascular Disease
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2018), Advanced Heart Failure & Transplant Cardiology
- Cardiac Sarcoidosis
- Pulmonary Hypertension in Advanced Heart Failure
- Prognostic Value of Echocardiographic Variables Before and After Initiation of Parenteral Prostacyclin Therapy: An Observational Study.
- Shah T, Manthena P, Patel C, Chuah A, Hardin EA, Torres F, Bartolome SD, Chin KM, Chest 2022 Apr
- Identifying Discordance of Right- and Left-Ventricular Filling Pressures in Patients with Heart Failure by the Clinical Examination.
- Pham D, Drazner MH, Ayers CR, Grodin JL, Hardin EA, Garg S, Mammen PPA, Amin A, Araj FG, Morlend RM, Thibodeau JT, Circ Heart Fail 2021 Sep
- Letter by Hardin and Araj Regarding Article, "Role of Pulmonary Artery Wedge Pressure Saturation During Right Heart Catheterization: A Prospective Study".
- Hardin EA, Araj FG, Circ Heart Fail 2021 Mar 14 3 e008158
- Markers of Immune Function in Heart Transplantation: Implications for Immunosuppression and Screening for Rejection.
- Zhuo DX, Ginder K, Hardin EA, Curr Heart Fail Rep 2021 Jan
- Invasive Hemodynamic Red Flags to Left Ventricular Assist Device Implantation.
- Araj FG, Amin AA, Garg S, Hardin EA, J Invasive Cardiol 2020 Dec 32 12 E375-E376
- Small Vein Pulsations: An Overlooked Sign of Poor Prognosis.
- Metzinger MP, Amin AA, Mammen PPA, Hardin EA, Araj FG, Am J Med 2020 10 133 10 e597-e598
- Noninvasive Assessment of Cardiac Output: Accuracy and Precision of the Closed-Circuit Acetylene Rebreathing Technique for Cardiac Output Measurement.
- Hardin EA, Stoller D, Lawley J, Howden EJ, Hieda M, Pawelczyk J, Jarvis S, Prisk K, Sarma S, Levine BD, J Am Heart Assoc 2020 Sep 9 17 e015794
- Rethinking the Modern Cardiology Morbidity and Mortality Conference: Harmonizing Quality Improvement and Education.
- McNamara DA, Hall HM, Hardin EA, J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2019 Feb 73 7 868-872
- Diuretic Strategies in Acute Decompensated Heart Failure.
- Hardin EA, Grodin JL Curr Heart Fail Rep 2017 04 14 2 127-133
- Selexipag in the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension: design, development, and therapy.
- Hardin EA, Chin KM Drug Des Devel Ther 2016 10 3747-3754
Honors & Awards
- Women in Cardiology Award
American Heart Association (2017)
- Chief Fellow, Cardiovascular Disease
UT Southwestern (2016-2017)
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
UT Southwestern (2010)
- Heart Failure Society of America Annual Scientific Program Committee (2020-2022)
- Patient Education Committee (2022)