Dr. Vivian Dimas is a clinical Cardiologist who specializes in Interventional Cardiology, heart failure and adult congenital heart disease. Dr. Dimas completed undergraduate studies at Southern Methodist University and obtained her medical degree from the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine. She completed her pediatric residency at the University of Oklahoma and then completed pediatric cardiology fellowship training at Texas Children’s Hospital where she also completed advanced training in pediatric heart failure and transplantation and interventional cardiology. Dr. Dimas joined the medical school faculty at UT Southwestern in 2006 and is currently an Associate Professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Cardiology. She is the Director of the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory at Children’s Medical Center of Dallas. She is board certified in Adult Congenital Heart Disease. Her clinic interests focus on interventional therapy for both children and adults with congenital heart disease as well as interventional therapies for advanced heart failure.
- Medical School
- University of Oklahoma College of Medicine (1999)
- Children's Hospital of Oklahoma (2002), Pediatrics
- Texas Children's Hospital (2005), Pediatric Heart Failure/transplant
- Texas Children's Hospital (2006), Interventional Cardiology
- Interventional therapies for the treatment of heart failure
- New device technology for the treatment of congenital heart disease
- Percutaneous therapies for the treatment of congestive heart failure
- Congenital pulmonary vascular anomalies.
- Dimas VV, Dillenbeck J, Josephs S Cardiovasc Diagn Ther 2018 Jun 8 3 214-224
- Comparison of basiliximab vs antithymocyte globulin for induction in pediatric heart transplant recipients: An analysis of the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation database.
- Butts RJ, Dipchand AI, Sutcliffe D, Bano M, Dimas V, Morrow R, Das B, Kirk R Pediatr Transplant 2018 Jun 22 4 e13190
- Invasive Hemodynamics of Adult Congenital Heart Disease: From Shunts to Coarctation.
- Veeram Reddy SR, Nugent AW, Zellers TM, Dimas VV Interv Cardiol Clin 2017 Jul 6 3 345-358
- Executive summary of the SCAI/HFSA clinical expert consensus document on the use of invasive hemodynamics for the diagnosis and management of cardiovascular disease.
- Sorajja P, Borlaug BA, Dimas V, Fang JC, Forfia PR, Givertz MM, Kapur NK, Kern MJ, Naidu SS Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2017 Jun 89 7 1294-1299
- Executive Summary of the SCAI/HFSA Clinical Expert Consensus Document on the Use of Invasive Hemodynamics for the Diagnosis and Management of Cardiovascular Disease.
- Givertz MM, Fang JC, Sorajja P, Dimas V, Forfia PR, Kapur NK, Kern MJ, Naidu SS, Borlaug BA J. Card. Fail. 2017 Jun 23 6 487-491
- SCAI/HFSA clinical expert consensus document on the use of invasive hemodynamics for the diagnosis and management of cardiovascular disease.
- Sorajja P, Borlaug BA, Dimas VV, Fang JC, Forfia PR, Givertz MM, Kapur NK, Kern MJ, Naidu SS Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2017 May
- A multicenter study of the impella device for mechanical support of the systemic circulation in pediatric and adolescent patients.
- Dimas VV, Morray BH, Kim DW, Almond CS, Shahanavaz S, Tume SC, Peng LF, McElhinney DB, Justino H Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2017 Mar
- Circulatory support using the impella device in fontan patients with systemic ventricular dysfunction: A multicenter experience.
- Morray BH, Dimas VV, Lim S, Balzer DT, Parekh DR, Van Mieghem NM, Ewert P, Kim DW, Justino H, McElhinney DB, Jones TK Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2017 Jan
- Alemtuzumab (Campath-1H) therapy for refractory rejections in pediatric heart transplant recipients.
- Das B, Dimas V, Guleserian K, Lacelle C, Anton K, Moore L, Morrow R Pediatr Transplant 2016 Nov
- Initial Experience With the Pediatric Impella Device: A Feasibility Study in a Porcine Model.
- Webb MK, Wang J, Riegel MS, Guleserian KJ, Forbess JM, Zellers TM, Dimas VV Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2016 May
Catheter Device Therapy for Heart Failure. In Heart Failure in Children and Young Adults: From Molecular Mechanisms to Medical and Surgical Strategies, Chang AC, Towbin JA, eds.
Dimas VV, Chang AC (2005). Saunders Elsevier
Honors & Awards
- Texas Super Doctors
Texas Monthly Magazine (2017)
- Best Pediatric Specialists
D Magazine (2016-2018)
- Texas Rising Stars
Texas Monthly Magazine (2013)
- American Academy of Pediatrics
Recipient of Educational Travel Grant (2004)
- American Academy of Pediatrics
Basic Science AAP Young Investigator Award (2004)
- Owen M. Rennert Award
Academic Excellence and Scholarly Achievement (2001)
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Member
- Society of Cardiac Angiography and Intervention, Fellow