- Medical School
- University of Oklahoma College of Medicine (1999)
- Children's Hospital of Oklahoma (2002), Pediatrics
- Texas Children's Hospital (2005), Pediatric Heart Failure/transplant
- Texas Children's Hospital (2006), Interventional Cardiology
- Percutaneous therapies for the treatment of congestive heart failure
- Invasive Hemodynamics of Adult Congenital Heart Disease: From Shunts to Coarctation.
- Veeram Reddy SR, Nugent AW, Zellers TM, Dimas VV Interv Cardiol Clin 2017 Jul 6 3 345-358
- Executive summary of the SCAI/HFSA clinical expert consensus document on the use of invasive hemodynamics for the diagnosis and management of cardiovascular disease.
- Sorajja P, Borlaug BA, Dimas V, Fang JC, Forfia PR, Givertz MM, Kapur NK, Kern MJ, Naidu SS Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2017 Jun 89 7 1294-1299
- Executive Summary of the SCAI/HFSA Clinical Expert Consensus Document on the Use of Invasive Hemodynamics for the Diagnosis and Management of Cardiovascular Disease.
- Givertz MM, Fang JC, Sorajja P, Dimas V, Forfia PR, Kapur NK, Kern MJ, Naidu SS, Borlaug BA J. Card. Fail. 2017 Jun 23 6 487-491
- SCAI/HFSA clinical expert consensus document on the use of invasive hemodynamics for the diagnosis and management of cardiovascular disease.
- Sorajja P, Borlaug BA, Dimas VV, Fang JC, Forfia PR, Givertz MM, Kapur NK, Kern MJ, Naidu SS Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2017 May
- A multicenter study of the impella device for mechanical support of the systemic circulation in pediatric and adolescent patients.
- Dimas VV, Morray BH, Kim DW, Almond CS, Shahanavaz S, Tume SC, Peng LF, McElhinney DB, Justino H Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2017 Mar
- Circulatory support using the impella device in fontan patients with systemic ventricular dysfunction: A multicenter experience.
- Morray BH, Dimas VV, Lim S, Balzer DT, Parekh DR, Van Mieghem NM, Ewert P, Kim DW, Justino H, McElhinney DB, Jones TK Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2017 Jan
- Alemtuzumab (Campath-1H) therapy for refractory rejections in pediatric heart transplant recipients.
- Das B, Dimas V, Guleserian K, Lacelle C, Anton K, Moore L, Morrow R Pediatr Transplant 2016 Nov
- Initial Experience With the Pediatric Impella Device: A Feasibility Study in a Porcine Model.
- Webb MK, Wang J, Riegel MS, Guleserian KJ, Forbess JM, Zellers TM, Dimas VV Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2016 May
- Use of nesiritide in critically ill children with biventricular dysfunction suffering from oliguria despite standard heart-failure management.
- Das BB, Koch J, Dimas V, Guleserian K, Nugent A Cardiol Young 2015 Dec 1-5
- 2015 SCAI/ACC/HFSA/STS Clinical Expert Consensus Statement on the Use of Percutaneous Mechanical Circulatory Support Devices in Cardiovascular Care: Endorsed by the American Heart Assocation, the Cardiological Society of India, and Sociedad Latino Americana de Cardiologia Intervencion; Affirmation of Value by the Canadian Association of Interventional Cardiology-Association Canadienne de Cardiologie d'intervention.
- Rihal CS, Naidu SS, Givertz MM, Szeto WY, Burke JA, Kapur NK, Kern M, Garratt KN, Goldstein JA, Dimas V, Tu T J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2015 Apr
Catheter Device Therapy for Heart Failure. In Heart Failure in Children and Young Adults: From Molecular Mechanisms to Medical and Surgical Strategies, Chang AC, Towbin JA, eds.
Dimas VV, Chang AC (2005). Saunders Elsevier
Honors & Awards
- Texas Super Doctors
Texas Monthly Magazine (2017)
- Best Pediatric Specialists
D Magazine (2016-2017)
- Texas Rising Stars
Texas Monthly Magazine (2013)
- American Academy of Pediatrics
Recipient of Educational Travel Grant (2004)
- American Academy of Pediatrics
Basic Science AAP Young Investigator Award (2004)
- Owen M. Rennert Award
Academic Excellence and Scholarly Achievement (2001)
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Member
- Society of Cardiac Angiography and Intervention, Fellow