Travis Vandergriff, M.D., practices Dermatology and Dermatopathology in UT Southwestern Medical Center’s Department of Dermatology.
He graduated summa cum laude from the University of Texas at Austin, where he majored in Plan II Honors, Linguistics, and Spanish literature. He later graduated from Baylor College of Medicine with highest honors. Dr. Vandergriff completed his dermatology training in the residency program at UTSW, where he served as chief resident. He later completed a fellowship in Dermatopathology with Dr. Clay Cockerell and is now developing the University's Dermatopathology service.
He is interested in skin cancer, melanoma, and the education of future dermatologists.
- Medical School
- Baylor College of Medicine (2007)
- Presbyterian - St. Luke's Medical Center (2008), Transitional Year
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2011), Dermatology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2013), Dermatopathology
- Medical education
- Skin cancer
- Balloon cell change in common blue nevus.
- Huang YY, Vandergriff T J. Cutan. Pathol. 2017 Apr 44 4 407-409
- Antiphospholipid syndrome associated with combined immune checkpoint inhibitor therapy.
- Gupta A, Shah U, Khine H, Vandergriff T, Froehlich T Melanoma Res. 2017 Apr 27 2 171-173
- Primary cutaneous histiocytoid carcinoma with distant metastasis.
- Philips R, Langston L, Hwang H, Vandergriff T, Trynosky T, Berlingeri-Ramos AC J. Cutan. Pathol. 2017 Apr 44 4 376-380
- Bullae and Atypical Target Lesions in a Young Woman.
- Klimas NK, Dominguez AR, Vandergriff TW JAMA Dermatol 2016 Dec
- Cutaneous involvement of pre-existing Rosai-Dorfman disease via post-herpetic isotopic response.
- Malviya N, Marzuka A, Maamed-Tayeb M, Le L, Vandergriff T J. Cutan. Pathol. 2016 Dec 43 12 1211-1214
- Human polyomavirus 6 and 7 are associated with pruritic and dyskeratotic dermatoses.
- Nguyen KD, Lee EE, Yue Y, Stork J, Pock L, North JP, Vandergriff T, Cockerell C, Hosler GA, Pastrana DV, Buck CB, Wang RC J. Am. Acad. Dermatol. 2016 Dec
- MYC amplification in angiosarcomas arising in the setting of chronic lymphedema of morbid obesity.
- Harker D, Jennings M, McDonough P, Mauskar M, Savory S, Hosler G, Vandergriff T J. Cutan. Pathol. 2016 Sep
- Use of Suction Blisters for Noncultured Epidermal Suspension Grafting in Patients With Vitiligo.
- Jeong HS, Vandergriff T, Pandya AG Dermatol Surg 2016 May 42 5 688-91
- Pyoderma gangrenosum (PG) associated with levamisole-adulterated cocaine: Clinical, serologic, and histopathologic findings in a cohort of patients.
- Jeong HS, Layher H, Cao L, Vandergriff T, Dominguez AR J. Am. Acad. Dermatol. 2016 Jan
- Synergistic effects of ion transporter and MAP kinase pathway inhibitors in melanoma.
- Eskiocak U, Ramesh V, Gill JG, Zhao Z, Yuan SW, Wang M, Vandergriff T, Shackleton M, Quintana E, Johnson TM, DeBerardinis RJ, Morrison SJ Nat Commun 2016 7 12336
Anatomy and physiology.. In Dermatology. Third edition. Bolognia J, ed.
Vandergriff T, Bergstresser P. (2012). Philadelphia, Mosby
Skin lesions associated with gastrointestinal and liver disease.. In Textbook of Gastroenterology. Sixth Edition.
Vandergriff T, Yancey K. (2013). Hoboken, New Jersey, Wiley-Blackwell
Invasive Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Skin.. In Managing Skin Cancer.
Vandergriff T, Harting MS, Rosen T. (2009). Germany, Springer
Diagnostic Pathology: Nonneoplastic dermatopathology.
Brian Hall, Clay Cockerell, Cary Chisholm, Chad Jessup, Kiran Motaparthi, Travis Vandergriff, Dirk Elston (2017). Salt Lake City, Amyrsis/Elsevier
Abnormal Responses to Ultraviolet Radiation: Idiopathic, Probably Immunologic, and Photo-Exacerbated.. In Fitzpatrick's Dermatology in General Medicine. Eighth edition.
Vandergriff TW, Bergstresser PR. (2012). New York, McGraw Hill
Honors & Awards
- Outstanding Teacher Award
Department of Dermatology (2014)
- Dallas Dermatological Society (2015-2016)
- Dermatology Foundation (2015)
- Dallas Dermatological Society (2013-2015)
- Zola Cooper Foundation (2013)